Executioners calling... The forgotten item.

#1InstinctEggsPosted 2/4/2014 9:43:48 PM
I've been playing this game for over a year now and not once have I ever seen someone buy this item. I realize there could always be a better item, but I could see it being useful on Twitch and maybe Darius.

I don't play too much of ranked, do people buy it more on there or no?
---
My name is Debbie, and I like eggs.
#2KajeIPosted 2/4/2014 9:48:39 PM
It's officially the least used item in the game at 0.13% (Last time i checked). I've been playing for 2.5 years and i've only seen it built 3 times, and i was the one building it 2 of those times.

It's stats suck. They used to be better before they "updated" it (Huge chunk of lifesteal and crit for very cheap) but the addition of AD and removal of lifesteal jacked it's price up so much that it's not worth getting.
---
Especially prone to excessive exposition. Sorry.
#3TomorrowDogPosted 2/4/2014 10:34:44 PM
Champion pretty much has to have ranged auto-attacks for the passive to be worth anything at all and be able to use AD and crit... so basically nobody but AD carries. Nobody wants to sacrifice their lategame deeps build for sustain damage, though it'd probably do alright if they run a stupid amount of sustain like the Mundo/Nid/Soraka team that was in LCS recently. Even in the best case scenario I feel like it is hit and miss.

Build path doesn't do it any favors either.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#4Knight_Of_OrderPosted 2/4/2014 10:38:33 PM
It only really needs an upgrade.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#5omegaraijinPosted 2/4/2014 10:38:42 PM
I bought it on Ashe once because mid fed Swain and they had a Sona. Team wasn't too happy about my choice.
#6Shadow EdgePosted 2/4/2014 11:04:09 PM
No one ever brings up Banner and ohmwrecker.
---
ns
#7charlesrulesPosted 2/4/2014 11:09:37 PM
It needs an upgrade along the lines of "targets that are damaged gain a debuff that will deal damage equal to 30% of any damage healed over 4 seconds" or something to give it a bigger upgrade - its not worth a slot as it is.
---
I think I ate a bowl of mysterio's for breakfast this morning- Spiderman, Spiderman 2
WOAH!! I'm sensing 14 Mega-Fonzies!!!!-Futurama
#8TaijouroukunPosted 2/4/2014 11:17:25 PM
maybe yasuo can use it in ARAM? otherwise, i really can't think of a situation where it makes sense.
#9KajeIPosted 2/4/2014 11:17:35 PM
Shadow Edge posted...
No one ever brings up Banner and ohmwrecker.

Those are actually sort've worth buying now though. I actually liked getting Banner in S3 when i was able to afford it.
---
Especially prone to excessive exposition. Sorry.
#10Hyper InfernoPosted 2/4/2014 11:31:24 PM
Banner of Command is better now that it gives 80 AP and 20% cdr, which is pretty awesome. No mp/5 sets it apart from Morello's or Athene's, but that passive is MASSIVE gold value on champions with pets. Support Annie would probably be terrifying if that thing actually worked on Tibbers.

Executioner's needs an upgrade. It's a perfectly fine midgame purchase against Mundo or Swain or any other extremely healing reliant champion, but it falls off compared to Morello's because it just doesn't give enough stats later on.

Ohmwrecker is still pretty bad.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters