Help me pick a new champion?

#1CoxydonPosted 2/10/2014 6:52:20 PM
Hi, I currently have 6300 ip, only level 17 so not focusing on runes yet, just wanna try out some strong and viable champs.
I usually play A singed top and just bought Yorick because I thought he seemed like a really unique and fun champ to play and he is for me (any advice on him and how viable he is in season 4 would also be great)
My champ pool is really small currently, I only own Yorick, Singed, Lux, trist, Ali, Twisted Fate and Soraka.
I have been considering getting an ADC, maybe Cait, but im not sure how much the role entices me and it never seems to be a role people are forced to play.
I'm not really too fussed about the champions main role as im hoping to increase my pool in all areas anyway, so I just wanna hear some fun, strong and if possible.. Low ban rate champions that you think I'd be interested in.
Thanks for reading and any help!
---
Worst League player - EUW
#2Dark Young LinkPosted 2/10/2014 6:53:22 PM
I would honestly save your IP if you only have 6.3k ip at level 17.
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#3Coxydon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 6:56:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Coxydon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 7:05:14 PM
Dark Young Link posted...
I would honestly save your IP if you only have 6.3k ip at level 17.

The 6k ip is just what I have spare, I have plenty xD
I just wanted some advice as my roster is nowhere near ready for ranked and I wanna start preparing as soon as possible
---
#5scaler24Posted 2/10/2014 7:07:14 PM
Disregard any other choice in this topic. Adquire Veigar.
---
Pokemon X FC: 4940-5722-6550
Friend Safari: (Flying) Fletchinder, Swanna, Spearow
#6KajeIPosted 2/10/2014 7:49:25 PM
Of the champions you play, what're your favorite thing(s) about them?
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#7EvrayPosted 2/10/2014 8:16:27 PM
Twisted Fate is an okay mid pick. Alistair is a good support but I feel like Soraka is pretty weak these days. Lux can make a good support or mid and Yorick/Singed are good top picks. Tristana is an adc and can also go mid (for some people).

If I were you I would pick up a champion for each role that you intend to spend a lot of time learning in order to get good.

Example:

Top: Yorick/Singed
Jungle:
Mid: Twisted/Lux
Adc: Trist
Supp: Alistair

Fill in the blanks.

For junglers I'd recommend Shyvanna or Rammus, both are solid picks and most new players don't know how to deal with them. Khazix is also a monster right now.

Yorick top is a good way to go if you can get good with him.

Your mids are okay but you could look into getting someone else.

Trist is a good adc but Jinx and Lucian are pretty good right now too (albeit expensive) otherwise Cait or Ashe are good picks as well. Draven also is always a nice choice, but might be harder to learn if your not already versed in ADC's

Ali support is good but I just don't like Soraka. These days people have been using Thresh, Leona and Annie for support. I'd recommend Leona or Thresh first but keep in mind Thresh gets banned frequently and both of them get picked often so you might be out of a good support if they get picked. Taric also isn't a bad choice.

Try to get really good with one or two champions and make sure your at least capable of using the other three so if you get stuck in a role you wont get destroyed.
---
If the Giants win I'll close my account. Promise. Super Bowl 2012- Erik P 2/5/2012 at 3:31:41 PM. Account Status, Active.
#8Coxydon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 8:42:00 PM
KajeI posted...
Of the champions you play, what're your favorite thing(s) about them?

To be honest, with Singed I enjoy being able to do practically anything and come out Scot free and irritate my enemys, especially when I play with my friend that uses Zil, I can tank the enemy team for days.
Yorick I am really fond of the mechanics but I've only played him a little, I only really got him because I've always had a fascination with summoning things to fight for you, my role in most games I used to play.
Lux is my other big pick, I play her mid and I just love her strong harrass and being able to completely throw off teams in late game teamfights, snare the adc let him get picked off, ult into all 5 of the enemy team and then just throw in the slow whilst armouring my team, I just love the versatility in her kit
---
#9Coxydon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 8:44:44 PM
Evray posted...
Twisted Fate is an okay mid pick. Alistair is a good support but I feel like Soraka is pretty weak these days. Lux can make a good support or mid and Yorick/Singed are good top picks. Tristana is an adc and can also go mid (for some people).

If I were you I would pick up a champion for each role that you intend to spend a lot of time learning in order to get good.

Example:

Top: Yorick/Singed
Jungle:
Mid: Twisted/Lux
Adc: Trist
Supp: Alistair

Fill in the blanks.

For junglers I'd recommend Shyvanna or Rammus, both are solid picks and most new players don't know how to deal with them. Khazix is also a monster right now.

Yorick top is a good way to go if you can get good with him.

Your mids are okay but you could look into getting someone else.

Trist is a good adc but Jinx and Lucian are pretty good right now too (albeit expensive) otherwise Cait or Ashe are good picks as well. Draven also is always a nice choice, but might be harder to learn if your not already versed in ADC's

Ali support is good but I just don't like Soraka. These days people have been using Thresh, Leona and Annie for support. I'd recommend Leona or Thresh first but keep in mind Thresh gets banned frequently and both of them get picked often so you might be out of a good support if they get picked. Taric also isn't a bad choice.

Try to get really good with one or two champions and make sure your at least capable of using the other three so if you get stuck in a role you wont get destroyed.

I just cant seem to grasp Ali, no matter how much i play him, i dont feel like i really make an impact and for a jungler I've been considering amumu and possibly panth, who would you say is more viable/easier to use?
---
#10silentfox4Posted 2/10/2014 8:45:56 PM
Not to intrude on your topic but I had a question for others who are helping you...

Is Blitz a decent support pick at this time? I seem to pick him and have fairly good success so far. (Only level 13) Albeit, I have only really played 3-4 support games ever (and him as my only support) but I found it a fun change of pace to playing Renekton top.

If it matters or you just feel inclined to lolking me, SN: Davidr4.