"Why are you not building resistances on Wukong?" "GG Wukong not building tanky"

#1darkwing1232Posted 2/10/2014 8:13:09 PM
Im so sick of hearing this. "Oh I don't know, maybe because I get 60 free armor and mr in every single teamfight at lvl 13."

I build two items (Lizard and BC) and people already start to claim Im trolling because Im not immediately going tanky. Lizard increases my jungle clear times dramatically because you get the burn off of his E. I don't get it why all the hate. My build path is usually always the same:

Lizard
Merc
BC
Randuins
SV

Then my last item depends on what is needed. Usually either a Hydra, TF, or Warmogs.

2 defensive items are all that is needed on Wukong... stop claiming that he needs more than that.
#2matrix0523Posted 2/10/2014 8:17:18 PM
darkwing1232 posted...
Im so sick of hearing this. "Oh I don't know, maybe because I get 60 free armor and mr in every single teamfight at lvl 13."

I build two items (Lizard and BC) and people already start to claim Im trolling because Im not immediately going tanky. Lizard increases my jungle clear times dramatically because you get the burn off of his E. I don't get it why all the hate. My build path is usually always the same:

Lizard
Merc
BC
Randuins
SV

Then my last item depends on what is needed. Usually either a Hydra, TF, or Warmogs.

2 defensive items are all that is needed on Wukong... stop claiming that he needs more than that.

That's the problem.
---
IGN: Frank West
#3darkwing1232(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 8:20:26 PM
matrix0523 posted...
darkwing1232 posted...

Lizard
Merc
BC
Randuins
SV

That's the problem.

What, if anything, is wrong those 3 items. Each serve a specific purpose and only if the game is actually long enough to allow a jungler to get a 6th item.
#4gfshynoblPosted 2/10/2014 8:22:40 PM
y wuld u buy sv on wukong
---
Rvdxr Klvn
SUCKNOOB and proud
#5notanoob74Posted 2/10/2014 8:23:02 PM
Well to be honest, as a primary tank you need to scrap all damage plans and go tank as soon as midgame hits. Damage is luxury for tanks, I'd say a good wuk flowchart is:

Behind: After lizard just go tank
Average(team isn't behind either): After lizard pick up BC
Ahead: buy whatever you want lol
---
not a noob since 2003
#6KajeIPosted 2/10/2014 8:26:23 PM
I don't really see anything wrong with that build order. Most games have a Bruiser top (stop saying tank, tanks are hard to kill with high utility, bruisers are hard to kill with significant damage) like Shyv or Renek, so him building for more damage on a champ with only 1 CC (though it's pretty good one) makes sense. I'd build Banshees over Visage though, but that's personal preference.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#7darkwing1232(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 8:26:25 PM
gfshynobl posted...

10% cdr, lots of hp, lots of hp regen, huge amount of mr, passive works with Spirit stone item...

not even sure why you wouldn't build it on him.
#8DeanyzyPosted 2/10/2014 8:27:13 PM
I'll usually only build Randuin's on him since it's active synergises well with his ult. He gets a crapton of free stats from his passive so he doesn't really need to itemise defense.
---
FC: 2277 6869 7396
Dragon Safari: Dragonair, Fraxure, ???
#9Blizzard09Posted 2/10/2014 8:53:58 PM
darkwing1232 posted...

Lizard
Merc
BC
Randuins
SV

Depends really, is there a tank on your team? if yes then go AD/tanky... If no you go tanky/AD.. difference being AD/tank is 2 Ad item, 2 tank items and 2 AD/tank items and Tanky/AD is 4 tank items and 2 AD items.

Thats if you want to take the AD route..

I tend to heavy AD early and mid game I go AD/Tanky item and late game Tanky items so I end up AD/Tanky.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#10charlesrulesPosted 2/10/2014 9:00:37 PM
darkwing1232 posted...
gfshynobl posted...

passive works with Spirit stone item...

I think that is a bit of a stretch esp if you are looking at it as your 3-4 item.
---
I think I ate a bowl of mysterio's for breakfast this morning- Spiderman, Spiderman 2
WOAH!! I'm sensing 14 Mega-Fonzies!!!!-Futurama