Is season 4 the worst season so far?

#1TheSchrefPosted 2/14/2014 10:44:01 AM(edited)
There are 2 picks for every role that are leagues above every other pick you can make. Sure, you could pick something different and sometimes do well, but it usually results in you gimping yourself and your team big time.

Top: Mundo/Shyvana/Nasus/Renekton
Mid: Ziggs/Yasuo/LB/Gragas
Support: Leona/Annie/Thresh
Jungle:Shyvana/Vi/Wukong
ADC: Jinx/Lucian

Every game.

Edit: Added a few champions to the list I didn't think of and people reminded me of.
#2refmonPosted 2/14/2014 10:02:58 AM
Nasus over rene? You jest
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#3TheSchref(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 10:05:31 AM(edited)
refmon posted...
Nasus over rene? You jest

I see a lot more Nasus than Renekton, but sure, you can throw Rene in there. Oh, and how can I forget Gragas.
#4WaxierToastPosted 2/14/2014 10:08:00 AM
I have not seen a Shyvana jungle in weeks.
#5poi____________Posted 2/14/2014 10:10:29 AM
Thresh is the best support though
---
http://i.imgur.com/sK4AGPa.jpg
http://www.last.fm/user/Grizzlybarry
#6Eagles931Posted 2/14/2014 10:12:57 AM
This is the best season so far for me personally just because I see how much I've improved since last season and I didn't sacrifice using my favorite characters even though it doesn't fit in the meta
---
PSN : SlootSlayer11
LoL IGN: Merecat
#7manhoodg2199Posted 2/14/2014 10:14:12 AM
TheSchref posted...
There are 2 picks for every role that are leagues above every other pick you can make. Sure, you could pick something different and sometimes do well, but it usually results in you gimping yourself and your team big time.

Top: Mundo/Shyvana/Nasus
Mid: Ziggs/Yasuo/LB
Support: Leona/Annie
Jungle:Shyvana/Vi

Every game.

I kind of agree but only to an extent.

Top...give you that. It's a pain.

Mid: Ziggs is no longer an issue, Yas can be a problem, Leblanc...if people just knew how to play against her, she wouldn't be an auto win. Seriously, stop trying to trade with her. Let her fall off late game without kills.

Support: Meh, Annie can be tolerated and Thresh's flay stops her dive instantly and Taric can easily CC their adc every time Leona dives yours.

Jungle: Vi is far from an instant win, and Shyv can be stopped easily be either picking a gank heavy jungler like Sin or just constantly taking her farm in her jungle.

ADC: Have had 0 issues using Sivir and Varus vs both.
---
Boom Goes the Dynamite!
#8manhoodg2199Posted 2/14/2014 10:15:55 AM
I meant Thresh's flay can stop Leona's dive, not Annie.
---
Boom Goes the Dynamite!
#9MindersPosted 2/14/2014 10:20:57 AM
TheSchref posted...

Top: Mundo/Shyvana/Nasus
Mid: Ziggs/Yasuo/LB
Support: Leona/Annie
Jungle:Shyvana/Vi

Every game.

Other champions I see fairly often, enough that I can say that they are common

Top: Renekton/Shen/Riven
Mid: Gragas/Kayle/Orianna/Riven
Support: Thresh (I'll give you this one)
Jungle: Lee Sin/Elise/Olaf
ADC: Caitlyn/Twitch/Tristiana
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)
#10ChocoboDreamsPosted 2/14/2014 10:21:19 AM
If you seriously think you're gimping yourself just because you're using champions that aren't constant picks in LCS you really don't know what you're talking about. The fact your list lacks Fizz as a strong mid lane champion in solo queue is just proof of that, and Jarvan is where?

There's nothing wrong with season 4, there are a ton of champs that are currently viable, some of which counter champions that are on that list. As always, it's just the blind sheep community that can't think for themselves.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams