How do people play with locked camera?

#1Rookie_JetPosted 2/20/2014 7:05:43 AM
I had a match last night as Teemo vs a top Mumu (yeah, wtf?). For some weird glitchy reason, my camera was locked from the start of the match. I hit 'y', I clicked the icon above the minimap, I tried to find it in the options menu, but it wouldn't stop locking (15 min in, after my first death, I finally restarted my client and it fixed it). Anyway, I could only see the caster creeps around me and had to get REALLY close to see the enemy creeps I wanted to CS. Even still, I was doing pretty well vs Mu and helped jungle Mundo get FB when he came up to gank. But later on, I couldn't see a bandage toss or J4 flag coming at all.

It's also hard to cs/place shrooms/do anything because my screen keeps freakin moving. A couple times I had to stop moving so I could be more precise with where I wanted to click.

I don't know how people play this way by choice. Maybe if you're Tryndamere or something, but even then, you wouldn't be able to see what you're spinning into.
#2Helios_DPosted 2/20/2014 7:31:29 AM
Dunno. Works for replays and spectating, sure. But PLAYING by forcing your screen to move with you... That's silly.
#3Phantom0708Posted 2/20/2014 7:35:02 AM
I play locked because I'm used to it.

Why do people want to constantly manually move their screen?

Because preferences

I unlock to look at other places on the map, sure. But normally I keep it locked if I'm focusing on myself.
---
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42 LoL: EmiyaShirou42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#4Rookie_Jet(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 7:44:26 AM
I play unlocked so I can see as much as possible. I don't need to see behind me if I know there's nothing important there. I would rather have my character at one edge of the screen so I can actually see the enemy on the other edge of the screen.
#5Glockass1Posted 2/20/2014 7:45:24 AM
Phantom0708 posted...
I play locked because I'm used to it.

Why do people want to constantly manually move their screen?

Because preferences

I unlock to look at other places on the map, sure. But normally I keep it locked if I'm focusing on myself.

Holding space is too hard.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png http://tinyurl.com/kexmdkb
#6GainazzoPosted 2/20/2014 7:47:26 AM
You can fix that by moving the screen with the minimap a few times.
#7Rookie_Jet(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 7:59:49 AM
Gainazzo posted...

I can't remember if I tried that or not. I'm pretty sure I did, but I'll try again if it happens again. It was a really weird glitch that's never happened to me before. I even tried alt+tab as that has fixed a mouse glitch I've had before where I can't move my mouse past a certain part of the screen. This one, I just had to completely reconnect to the game. It was lame.
#8happyscrub1Posted 2/20/2014 8:04:17 AM
Learn to screen lock, noob
---
Season 4 Tier list updated 2/15/14
http://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/12543389223/
#9GainazzoPosted 2/20/2014 8:51:29 AM
Rookie_Jet posted...
Gainazzo posted...

I can't remember if I tried that or not. I'm pretty sure I did, but I'll try again if it happens again. It was a really weird glitch that's never happened to me before. I even tried alt+tab as that has fixed a mouse glitch I've had before where I can't move my mouse past a certain part of the screen. This one, I just had to completely reconnect to the game. It was lame.

It's happened to me a lot of times, you have to be alive and it usually takes a few times to work.
#10InstinctEggsPosted 2/20/2014 9:06:20 AM
I played with a locked screen for more than over a year. Then I got a new computer and new mouse and figured I'd try out unlocked screen, and I've never went back since.
---
My name is Debbie, and I like eggs.