Isn't the whole point of URF is to be OP?

#1alphame4Posted 4/9/2014 10:43:35 AM
Then why are they disabling champions? >_<

New Champions who are the next OP will take their place
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr
#2WaxierToastPosted 4/9/2014 10:44:37 AM
something something no countplay something something anti fun

I don't get it either, its a silly joke mode meant to be mindlessly enjoyed for a few games before it leaves.
#3iPWNtheNoobsPosted 4/9/2014 10:46:24 AM
Well, some champs are anti fun in that mode.
Hecarim and Alistar. Don't die, perma CC, tons of damage etc.
---
Space Waster
#4SorrySleepingPosted 4/9/2014 10:54:31 AM(edited)
Every champion is OP.
Some champions are more OP than others.
Yasuo and Rumble are kinda bad.

I'd personally prefer them to disable Vlad and Fizz, but w/e. They are on perma-ban status now anyways.
---
~{Compain_Cube_ is Goomy}~
(Lulu) "supports in making the enemy top laner's life miserable"-ShinyGroundon
#5theBIGman53Posted 4/9/2014 10:54:56 AM
Don't tell anyone about Brand Jayce Ezreal or Karma. Pls I beg you
---
IGN: FoilSpanishJace Gamefaqs Resident Lucian God
#6ZechtAurionPosted 4/9/2014 10:55:58 AM
Sure but I'm fed up with seeing the same champs over and over again just cause they want to win.

I've never left a game before untill yesterday in URF, I thought I'd pick Shyvanna and be in perma dragon form(doesn't work you still need to charge the meter) and who do they have? Fizz, Leblanc and Ezreal, it was NOT fun chasing them the whole time just to die in the end infact it's frustrating, the whole point of the mode is to have fun and people who keep picking the same ones over and over again make that fun null and void.
---
PSN: AlujaZeromus
#7MetleonPosted 4/9/2014 10:56:15 AM
Well there's definitely better ways to go about balancing the mode than banning champs. A large part of the reason Soraka, Nidalee, and Sona were removed is their epic heals, so a global heal reduction like the one that exists on ARAM would fix that part. Just either don't make it apply to champs with health costs for spells or remove health costs altogether.

As for Nidalee's poke and Soraka's silence lock, Jayce and Brand aren't disabled and can do similar things.

Hecarim is another disabled champ that should be easier to deal with with a healing nerf due to the fact that right now he can sustain for days with spell vamp.

Heal should help a bit with Alistar, Kayle, and Skarner as well, since I think the latter usually builds spell vamp, but their sustain isn't the most broken part about them. As for Ryze and Kassadin, something else would have to be done with them.
---
3DS FC: 5257 - 9998 - 2632
Pokemon Y Name: Benjamin
#8DartkunPosted 4/9/2014 11:05:44 AM
You know what's fun, in a mode about having fun?

Not seeing 90% of the cast because 10% massively overwhelm them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PUVNqBo.jpg
#9BoydZillaPosted 4/9/2014 11:55:22 AM
Dartkun posted...
You know what's fun, in a mode about having fun?

Not seeing 90% of the cast because 10% massively overwhelm them.

This, I know the game mode was about fun, but there is not a whole lot of fun of one team getting these champions and not letting you do anything.

The only way to counter this is pick them yourself, which then means you either lose or play the same champions over and over.
#10_______poi_____Posted 4/9/2014 12:43:59 PM
Pretty much any champion is OP in URF mode when they are fed. Peoples biggest problem is they are feeding the enemy too much early in match ups that a champion is stronger than them early on.

Only one at this point that is excessively annoying is Vlad because he can get tanky enough to the point that later in the game you can't instantly kill him so you have to deal with him constantly turning into a pool of blood . Really the only ones that were super strong all the time that got perma banned are Sona, Soraka, and Hecarim. If you made a team wide effort to not isolate yourself against hecarim early and feed him gold even he isn't strong.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sK4AGPa.jpg
http://www.last.fm/user/Grizzlybarry