Walker Real's 4.7 Patch Notes!

#11Savra104Posted 4/24/2014 9:07:40 AM
Master Yi's clear is really good with Alpha Strike, but it's also problematic. He shouldn't be able to auto-clear a wave or camp just by pressing Q and only attacking the boss until he actually has a real damage item. As-is, he's quite capable of clearing without caring.

Additional damage to minions and monsters: 100 at all ranks.

Also, Maokai and Nautilus having bonus damage against monsters is probably not a bad idea. It'd definitely help get them seeing play.
#12Walker_Real(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 9:13:59 AM(edited)
Voidgolem posted...

because pre-rework alpha strike had a random chance to deal like 1000 bonus damage to minions/monsters. The extra damage he has now isn't really "a buff".

No I get that, but it's the entire idea of randomly having bonus minion/monster damage on a kit.

I get that its part of Yi's balance, but as usual this game is about balance within a meta and system. If we can just slap on bonus monster damage in what way does Yi's kit deserve it anymore than Nautilus or Maokai, who actually have incredible difficulty clearing now?

Pre-rework result or not, the concept of bonus min/mon damage fits just as much if not 2 times as much on other junglers who have trouble clearing.

Leaving it there for monsters makes sense for lane Yi gameplay, but he has the fastest natural Wriggles proc rate in the game he doesn't really deserve or need anymore clear bonuses.
---
signed your enemy,
intelligence
#13zappiest_kidPosted 4/24/2014 10:10:42 AM
Walker_Real posted...
Voidgolem posted...

because pre-rework alpha strike had a random chance to deal like 1000 bonus damage to minions/monsters. The extra damage he has now isn't really "a buff".

No I get that, but it's the entire idea of randomly having bonus minion/monster damage on a kit.

I get that its part of Yi's balance, but as usual this game is about balance within a meta and system. If we can just slap on bonus monster damage in what way does Yi's kit deserve it anymore than Nautilus or Maokai, who actually have incredible difficulty clearing now?

Pre-rework result or not, the concept of bonus min/mon damage fits just as much if not 2 times as much on other junglers who have trouble clearing.

Leaving it there for monsters makes sense for lane Yi gameplay, but he has the fastest natural Wriggles proc rate in the game he doesn't really deserve or need anymore clear bonuses.

I thought shy was the fastest wriggles farmer? Maybe I just have bad intel, idk.
---
you would need a job first in order to quit and go pro.
bit of a problem, that.
#14chaoshadouPosted 4/24/2014 11:06:07 AM
Walker_Real posted...
chaoshadou posted...
Uh, the reason's Yi has such good clear is because of the bonus damage on Alpha strike, you'd legit rip Yi out of his only niche.

Yah it has nothing to do with his high base attack speed with his 4th attack that double procs wriggles or his base AD increase from E or the bonus true damage from E or anything right??

None of em'

You have no clue what you're talking about. E does little for his early clears, and significantly less for his later clears. AS, DS, and their synergy with Alpha strike and Wriggles is how Yi clears the jungle as fast as he does, his E has very little to do with it. 5 seconds of very little true damage isn't going to do much in the jungle early, especially considering it's long cd, it's single target, the fact that you lose the passive while it's on cd, and the fact that wriggles itself doesn't offer much AD. Saying that ~15 true damage on a single target for 5 seconds(equates ~5 attacks early) somehow equates to or compensates for a loss of about 75 extra aoe damage on minions is stupid. Especially when Yi's only AS steroid is his ult(what most FF junglers require if they're mostly single target).

Walker_Real posted...
But lets pretend Chaoshadou was right, Yi needs his minion bonus to be effective in the jungle.

Check this out, making all the **** FF dumpstered slow clear junglers worth it again:

Maokai's Q, Arcane Smash, now grants +75-150 bonus damage vs minions or monsters.

Nautilus' E, Riptide, now grants +75-150 bonus damage vs minions or monsters.

If randomly adding minion and monster damage is considered balancing a champion in the jungle, Rito better be at my doorstep begging me to help them balance by tomorrow morning

This is a horrible comparison, as Mao's and Naut's problems have little to do with their camp clear times, as a matter of fact Naut's camp clears are great.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
FC: 0104-0380-7219
#15SorrySleepingPosted 4/24/2014 11:10:42 AM
Walker_Real posted...
You thought I was sleeping didn't you? Balance.

Har-har.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
GameFAQ's Official Supporter of Boris (Angus)
#16zhe_king_of_apePosted 4/24/2014 11:10:52 AM
Dartkun posted...
I'd hit the healing portion of FF before the damage portion and then cap the stacks butthenagainlolonlydiamondscanhaveopinions

You're learning
---
LoL IGN: Aphoristicated | Best Marksmen Main GFAQ
You only yolo once
#17ThunderCavalierPosted 4/24/2014 11:11:44 AM
So the idea of balance Feral Flare... is to now give stacks for charging FF by assisting your lanes.

Well, they've solved the problem about FF junglers never ganking lanes! NOW, though, it's hard to explain why you would not pick a FF jungler, since now it's even easier for extremely good FF junglers to get FF and proceed to snowball everything that's ever existed.

Really, just give FF a cap and everyone would be happy. :/

When can we cap
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^
Waiting patiently for the Marisa Kirisame Lux skin~.
#18Walker_Real(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 11:28:10 AM
chaoshadou posted...

You have no clue what you're talking about. E does little for his early clears, and significantly less for his later clears. AS, DS, and their synergy with Alpha strike and Wriggles is how Yi clears the jungle as fast as he does, his E has very little to do with it. 5 seconds of very little true damage isn't going to do much in the jungle early, especially considering it's long cd, it's single target, the fact that you lose the passive while it's on cd, and the fact that wriggles itself doesn't offer much AD. Saying that ~15 true damage on a single target for 5 seconds(equates ~5 attacks early) somehow equates to or compensates for a loss of about 75 extra aoe damage on minions is stupid. Especially when Yi's only AS steroid is his ult(what most FF junglers require if they're mostly single target).

No clue what I'm talking about. All 4 of the things I mentioned have nothing to do with Yi's clear time. KK

Besides, this is joking theory craft. You could simply lower it instead of remove it and that's good balance too.

But get really butt hurt over this idea more, its really worth your time and being upset over
---
signed your enemy,
intelligence