This game is so addicting it ruins other games.

#21angermngment101(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 8:57:18 AM
KajeI posted...
How have you all missed the most important thing about this thread?! The title should be "This game is so addictive it ruins other games." not "This game is so addicting it ruins other games."

You think you are so smart dont you?
---
Gamefax
#22KajeIPosted 5/18/2014 9:21:20 AM
Yes. No. I dunno, English was the only class i managed to get A+'s in consistently. Addicting is only grammatically correct when you're using it in a sentence like "I'm addicting Xnoob420 to crack" or "Addicting Xnoob420 to crack is fun!" or "I have fun addicting Xnoob420 to crack". Addictive is the personal for when it's about it happening to you, Addicting is the impersonal for when it's happening to someone else.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#23angermngment101(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 9:22:49 AM
So smart man. I wish I was you.
---
Gamefax
#24KajeIPosted 5/18/2014 9:25:35 AM
To be fair most of the people i know that aren't wordnerds use it that way as well. My family certainly does anyway >.>
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#25breakfastramenPosted 5/18/2014 9:49:48 AM
Addictive is the "correct" adjectival form technically kinda. Addicting is a more recent form (relatively speaking, in use for roughly 80 years) but it has seen a huge rise in popularity over the past several decades. Most dictionaries now recognize either, so now it's honestly down to personal preference.
#26ShyGuySayPosted 5/18/2014 9:59:25 AM
I still haven't beaten Dark Souls 2 because as soon as I want to play a game I just open LoL without thinking.
---
Worst LoL Player NA.
Add me I'm bad. IGN: Shyguysay/Ritoplisnerf/Ritoplispatch
#27AravoxPosted 5/18/2014 2:22:22 PM
For me it's the opposite, I want to play league and prove myself and do well in games on it, but I end up playing other games/doing other stuff. I'm more of a chillaxing competitive gamer if that even makes sense, than a balls to the wall MUST GET PLATINUM/DIAMOND NO STOPPING type of player.
#28ExemplifyyPosted 5/18/2014 3:37:53 PM
I sat down friday to play one or two games and now it's already Sunday evening. What the **** happened?
#29Trollmaster 2003Posted 5/18/2014 10:58:19 PM
KajeI posted...
Yes. No. I dunno, English was the only class i managed to get A+'s in consistently. Addicting is only grammatically correct when you're using it in a sentence like "I'm addicting Xnoob420 to crack" or "Addicting Xnoob420 to crack is fun!" or "I have fun addicting Xnoob420 to crack". Addictive is the personal for when it's about it happening to you, Addicting is the impersonal for when it's happening to someone else.

So glad that someone posted this before me.
#30Trollmaster 2003Posted 5/18/2014 10:59:25 PM
breakfastramen posted...
Addictive is the "correct" adjectival form technically kinda. Addicting is a more recent form (relatively speaking, in use for roughly 80 years) but it has seen a huge rise in popularity over the past several decades. Most dictionaries now recognize either, so now it's honestly down to personal preference.

I've only ever seen/heard American people say "addicting", over here in England it's a little different.