should i get leona or diana?

#1cautionifeedPosted 5/18/2014 10:06:41 PM
im kinda a support main and i like jax support but is leona any good?
my favorite supports are janna (janna is literally freelo 20-4 with her in ranked) and blitzcrank btw

dianas kit looks really nice and i like her pink skin so should i get her?
---
get shrekt game ogre
ign: Legerityyyyy
#2Two_DeePosted 5/18/2014 10:08:29 PM
yeah i like her pink too
---
I send a heart to all my dearies
When your life is so, so dreary, dream
#3fallen_acolytePosted 5/18/2014 10:13:18 PM(edited)
Leona is a demi-god..

Her only kryptonite is morgana.

Also, she is one of if not the best peeler in the game.
---
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte
#4cautionifeed(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:15:01 PM
fallen_acolyte posted...
Leona is a demi-god..

well diana is a goddess (lunar)
and im pretty sure janna is a far better peeler than leona
---
get shrekt game ogre
ign: Legerityyyyy
#5VegerunksPosted 5/18/2014 10:43:51 PM
cautionifeed posted...
fallen_acolyte posted...
Leona is a demi-god..

well diana is a goddess (lunar)
and im pretty sure janna is a far better peeler than leona

Yea... no... Janna's has good peel but Leona can not only keep a target in place but her ult can peel by people trying to dodge it.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide Jpn PSN: CrimsonDeath24
#6the_rowanPosted 5/18/2014 10:58:38 PM(edited)
fallen_acolyte posted...
Leona is a demi-god..

One single-target stun (that she has to walk to melee range to use, or wait for her E to go off which actually takes a fairly long amount of time when you're trying to stop someone from unloading damage on your ADC) and a super-brief snare. Ult is a slow or a stun that's generally much easier to land when initiating than when trying to peel.

VS AoE slow that can be fired off the ADC in line towards their attackers, AoE knockup, shield, large health boost and continuous slow field
AoE knockup, targeted slow, AoE MS boost, shield, AoE lengthy knockback + possibility to heal
AoE knockup, targeted slow, small MS boosts, AoE knockup + superslow
AoE slow, targeted slow/snare, MS boost/shield that might be AoE
Targeted slow or mini-exhaust, MS boost, large AoE stun
3 second snare, CC immunity, very large AoE slow/stun
Stun, long-range "megaflash" to safety that also shields, AoE knockback, guaranteed 99% slow on the closest pursuers
Walking stunbot who can jump to you and cause you to stun everything that comes near you, plus an AoE knockup and slow

I guess if like, Taric or Annie is your standard for peeling then you might think Leona's good at it. She's really among the worst supports for it, though. Only good for stunning one target at a time and may have to put herself in a bad position to do so.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#7frogzxPosted 5/18/2014 11:15:14 PM
Disregard both, acquire Swain

But seriously, Diana. I find Leona boring to play, then again I don't play support much either, so it's a bit biased. I love playing Diana, one of my favorite mid laners. If you want a jungler/mid laner go for her, if you want a support go for Leona. Still recommending Diana, however.
---
"Oh look - I'm opening my box of care! Oh wait - it's empty!"
#8ShoeBoxPingPongPosted 5/19/2014 3:30:55 AM
Personal opinion: Diana.

I find Leona to be one of the most boring champs and really enjoy playing Diana though, so that's my reasoning.

If you actually play a position outside of support, well mid I guess I mean (though I like playing Diana top, but I am ****), and you've a shallow champ pool there then get Diana.

If you want another support and will rarely play outside of that position then get Leona to further expand your options there.
---
EUW Server
Yes I'm ****, but you've been matched with me - doesn't that mean you're **** too?