Does Ireila hard counter ryze?

#1happyscrub1Posted 6/6/2014 10:01:15 AM(edited)
Cause just had one go 0/6/1 in laning top vs her with no jungle help. Couldn't do anything about her mid game.
---
Who is happyscrub? Click to find out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRaxB9eK1X4
#2JellicPosted 6/6/2014 9:59:54 AM
Countering is something that should be stomped out. If someone loses that hard they usually suck.
---
Remember not to buy Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars. Because, this shouldn't be allowed.
http://i.imgur.com/tJRMKFI.gif
#3SorrySleepingPosted 6/6/2014 10:00:10 AM
Everyone counters everyone.
EVERYTHING IS COUNTERS!
EVERYTHING IS COUNTERS WHEN YOU PLAY IN LEAGUE!
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
GameFAQ's Official Supporter of Boris (Angus)
#4stoodyhooPosted 6/6/2014 10:02:19 AM
Outplayed maybe? She's good at farming and playing it safe, though I'm pretty sure Ryze has an advantage in that matchup
#5happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 10:04:14 AM
stoodyhoo posted...
Outplayed maybe? She's good at farming and playing it safe, though I'm pretty sure Ryze has an advantage in that matchup

I saw ryze winning lane at lvl 3. He was 60% health and she was 20%. Next thing I know he dies at lvl 4... and I was like, "What happen? You had her low."

He didn't say anything.
---
#6XelltrixPosted 6/6/2014 10:06:15 AM
No.

And in terms of match-ups, I feel like it may be a bit in Irelia's favor early on, but not by too much. Ryze's Snare shuts down her Qing tricks if he reacts fast enough to her diving on a back minion and then he can just harass from range. Snare her when her Hiten's Style is up, win trades...

Actually, I feel like Ryze has the advantage by, like, 6 but I'm not sure since I haven't actually played the match up and I'm just basing it off what i think of their skills.

Definitely not hard-countered by her though.
---
Reading this post may induce one or more of the following:
Nausea / Butt-Hurt / Lulz / UM? Syndrome / Angst / Diarrhea
#7Rookie_JetPosted 6/6/2014 10:08:39 AM
stoodyhoo posted...

Yeah, Ryze should have had the advantage. He's ranged with a snare and likes to build tanky. I probably would have gotten a shroud or warden's mail (if she bought AS) first back to make sure I didn't get bursted.

I think people have just forgotten how to play vs Irelia and always underestimate her burst and burst healing. I recently went vs her as Teemo and died once while I was 80% hp and bullying her and she was around 1/3 hp. She all-in'd and took me out in just a little more than the amount of time the stun lasted, getting me with an ult blade as I was fleeing. After that, it was pretty peachy though. Just one lapse in judgement then I stomped her.
#8king0091Posted 6/6/2014 10:14:27 AM
Yes I think she does hard counter him. I used to always lose to ryze top but then I saw people talking about Irelia. I bear one so bad with her. I died once to a gank and stupid tower dive on my part but I still came out of landing 3/2. Just start q and get e at 2. He can do nothing to u if you press him at that level 1 with blade surge. However if you let him get 2 before you and get that prison he will probably end up getting a big lead because of the zoning potential. Level 6 you can kill him easily. Tried. Trim some of the ranged minions and him with you cult then turn on w q to a ranged minion and go ham. If he ever gets distance just q him again because it shouldn't gave went on cool down. Go back to the wave and sustain up then just tower dive.
#9stoodyhooPosted 6/6/2014 10:23:52 AM
Rookie_Jet posted...

Yeah, Ryze should have had the advantage. He's ranged with a snare and likes to build tanky. I probably would have gotten a shroud or warden's mail (if she bought AS) first back to make sure I didn't get bursted.

I think people have just forgotten how to play vs Irelia and always underestimate her burst and burst healing. I recently went vs her as Teemo and died once while I was 80% hp and bullying her and she was around 1/3 hp. She all-in'd and took me out in just a little more than the amount of time the stun lasted, getting me with an ult blade as I was fleeing. After that, it was pretty peachy though. Just one lapse in judgement then I stomped her.

I can definitely attest to the bolded. Her kit allows her to quickly turn a losing fight into a winning one, especially if her ult is up. I seem to always catch people off guard by doing that with her.
#10happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 10:44:53 AM
I got the replay. I'm gonna watch it, record it, and upload it and let yal see the 1st to kills to decide
---