Does anyone still enjoy playing League?

#1GooberSDPosted 6/8/2014 7:03:48 PM
How many of you still enjoy playing League of Legends? When we first started playing it was the best damn game ever made. But it's been a while... assuming everyone here is ranked AT LEAST bronze, now that you've made it into ranked divisions and understand the game, do you still enjoy playing it?

Or have you gotten sick of the game and just play it because your friends do?

Or do you enjoy the game, but hate the community?

Thoughts? Feelings? No judgement here. This is a stress-free environment.
#2MisterTelliusPosted 6/8/2014 7:12:09 PM
I've been considering quitting for a while now because this game really needs so much more balance across champions. However, friends both IRL and across borders on skype are probably the biggest reason for me to keep coming back every few days or so. You don't know a person unless you've played both a winning game and a losing game of League with them.

Whenever I log on by myself, it's only to play ranked, or to practice for it. Maybe once a week.
---
Nihilism was never my cup of tea.
#3Raging_waterPosted 6/8/2014 7:31:09 PM(edited)
Had a golden period of constant winstreaks raising me to about 70 wins ahead. Now I'm on the inevitable loss streak follow up and have fallen down to 50 wins ahead. It's insanely depressing and I've certainly restrained my play amount for the past week. The win->loss->win->loss streak mechanism is just not healthy to deal with.
---
"Why go on living when we can bury you for $49.50?"
#4borg_assassinPosted 6/8/2014 7:23:44 PM
The community really sucks. But I still say the battlefield community is worse than LoL. Games that are heavily team dependent and coordinated tend to be that way though.

But I still enjoy playing.
#5GooberSD(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 7:40:02 PM
I still enjoy playing the game. It's seriously an incredibly well made game and has a huge amount of content to enjoy and get absorbed into... but I am so sick of the community.

People hate on and blame the actual game for the sickness of the userbase, but it's not the games fault.

Teenagers are just butt holes.

I love the game, but in the end people are annoying and I only play it with friends 2-3 times a week after work... or when my girlfriend falls asleep and I can't sleep.
#6Kevman510Posted 6/8/2014 7:45:09 PM
GooberSD posted...
I still enjoy playing the game. It's seriously an incredibly well made game and has a huge amount of content to enjoy and get absorbed into... but I am so sick of the community.

People hate on and blame the actual game for the sickness of the userbase, but it's not the games fault.

Teenagers are just butt holes.

I love the game, but in the end people are annoying and I only play it with friends 2-3 times a week after work... or when my girlfriend falls asleep and I can't sleep.

LOL WHAT? Please tell me that was a joke.
#7PKMNsonyPosted 6/8/2014 7:55:47 PM
It's okay to play, but there are too many ****ters, trolls, and/or ragers to enjoy the game. I've always hated having to rely on others and team games ever since I could remember. So **** playing LoL, I just watch the pros.
#8GooberSD(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 7:56:22 PM
No, it is a very well made game, apart from the server issues. Mechanics are solid, and controls are reactive. Graphics are decent, and get updated often... If you have a crappy experience it's because...

A) You're on a Mac/your computer is old

B) Your Internet sucks

I guess I have overstated the amount of content in the game as there ARE only three maps... but I should make clear that it was just a reference to the amount of playable characters in the game.
#9GooberSD(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 7:59:09 PM
PKMNsony posted...
It's okay to play, but there are too many ****ters, trolls, and/or ragers to enjoy the game. I've always hated having to rely on others and team games ever since I could remember. So **** playing LoL, I just watch the pros.

I know a lot of people like that. And I do enjoy watching LCS every week. :D
#10TwoShensGGPosted 6/8/2014 8:13:27 PM
Only when I get Rengar.