Ranked made me see the true face of LoL Community.

#1AldathPosted 6/10/2014 2:09:34 PM
So up till' now I played only SoloQ and did pretty good with a friend, got a good Elo, got many champs and we long awaited the day we could get into Ranked and work our way to diamond.

I skipped Bronze and got placed in Silver V... an d it's so far the most horrible, depressing, rage-inducing experience I've been thru.

There's not even a single game where someone isn't pointed as a feeder, a troll, a retarded, a stupid, a useless moron, etc.

Everyone in Silver V wants to feel like a pro. I'm not a good ranked player (lost all my LP in a 5 loss streak after a 4 win streak...) but usually all my team has the same skill level as I do (usually...) and there's still people trying to look like the leader.

I just came from a game where mid Morgana felt as the boss, and tho she had some skill she was like "we lost gg" every time Yi killed someone (pretty much the 2nd time he got a kill), insulted everyone and expected us to follow her orders, and said we should go bots and lose against AI because we have mental illness.

And this same story repeats over and over every match... Heck I've been isnulted by Bronzes doing worse than me (I'm talking about you JG Amumu).

I didn't belive the horror tales of the community until I tried ranked, it's horrid.
---
Now Playing: AC: New Leaf, God Eater 2, Fatal Frame 2 Wii Edition
Awaiting: Monster Hunter 4
#2nightrider321Posted 6/10/2014 2:14:20 PM
Welcome to LoL.
#3fft_ramzaPosted 6/10/2014 2:15:17 PM
Yes, everyone sucks, mute/ignore and report everyone
---
LoL IGN: Rotgen
#4fallen_acolytePosted 6/10/2014 2:16:57 PM
nightrider321 posted...
Welcome to LoL.

---
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte
#5shadow99226Posted 6/10/2014 3:20:12 PM
Aldath posted...
So up till' now I played only SoloQ and did pretty good with a friend, got a good Elo, got many champs and we long awaited the day we could get into Ranked and work our way to diamond.

I skipped Bronze and got placed in Silver V... an d it's so far the most horrible, depressing, rage-inducing experience I've been thru.

There's not even a single game where someone isn't pointed as a feeder, a troll, a retarded, a stupid, a useless moron, etc.

Everyone in Silver V wants to feel like a pro. I'm not a good ranked player (lost all my LP in a 5 loss streak after a 4 win streak...) but usually all my team has the same skill level as I do (usually...) and there's still people trying to look like the leader.

I just came from a game where mid Morgana felt as the boss, and tho she had some skill she was like "we lost gg" every time Yi killed someone (pretty much the 2nd time he got a kill), insulted everyone and expected us to follow her orders, and said we should go bots and lose against AI because we have mental illness.

And this same story repeats over and over every match... Heck I've been isnulted by Bronzes doing worse than me (I'm talking about you JG Amumu).

I didn't belive the horror tales of the community until I tried ranked, it's horrid.

The better you get, the more you will understand the importance of having a shotcaller. The alternative is to have people wander around aimlessly and get nothing done.
---
"Never Forget Sona 6/30/13"
#6deathisajerkPosted 6/10/2014 3:40:28 PM
My experience with it, Bronze is full of 'smurfs' who are just stuck there and/or people who aren't mechanically sound or just don't know what runes/items are best for their picks.

Silver is half people who got lucky in Bronze half people who demand their role and then feed because they think they're [insert streamer here]. Every now and then you get that player who actually knows what they're doing and the two of you carry the game (assuming you're like them).

Gold seems to be the place where everyone's being nice because they genuinely want to get good at the game. Rarely you'll see the toxic person whose self-entitled to ten ganks before ten minutes even when they're going 0/5.

My friends tell me Plat is what true hell looks like. I'm not excited for it.
---
Liquid Nitrogen is dangerous because it can freeze anything in seconds, which begs the question... Will it blend?
#7supercoolisaacPosted 6/10/2014 3:55:04 PM
deathisajerk posted...
My experience with it, Bronze is full of 'smurfs' who are just stuck there and/or people who aren't mechanically sound or just don't know what runes/items are best for their picks.

Silver is half people who got lucky in Bronze half people who demand their role and then feed because they think they're [insert streamer here]. Every now and then you get that player who actually knows what they're doing and the two of you carry the game (assuming you're like them).

Gold seems to be the place where everyone's being nice because they genuinely want to get good at the game. Rarely you'll see the toxic person whose self-entitled to ten ganks before ten minutes even when they're going 0/5.

My friends tell me Plat is what true hell looks like. I'm not excited for it.

wut
---
There are no tents in space
#8NonalythPosted 6/10/2014 4:03:30 PM
I feel you TC. Stuck in bronze along with the jerks who think their K/D will decide the game.

My favourite though are the prescient experts who can tell you you've lost in champion select. My last game I had a Lissandra who assured us we'd already lost because our Yasuo was a troll and feeder. We ended up with no jungler and duo mid, which became the new reason we'd already lost. Except it's bronze, so anything can work if you play well.

We stomped them, Yasuo did fine, and Lis was still complaining.
#9KeepItCivilPosted 6/10/2014 4:07:14 PM
What does make ranked the true face of the community? That it is uglier?
---
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/4/2/4/43424.jpg?v=1
To Carl Barks.
#10Lightning BoltPosted 6/10/2014 4:25:06 PM
shadow99226 posted...
The better you get, the more you will understand the importance of having a shotcaller. The alternative is to have people wander around aimlessly and get nothing done.

Dis.
It doesn't matter if you think they're not as good as you, so long as you all agree who to listen to. It's better to have a suboptimal shotcaller than chaos.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev