Why did they nerf athenes?

#31sk8r_ryanPosted 6/20/2014 3:12:57 AM
As it is right now, its BASE STATS are 117% gold-efficient. That's without Mana Font or the mana restore on kill/assist. And that's post-nerf. It's just ridiculously efficient.
---
"You have to free yourself from material desire, ya dingus."-WolfMasterZero
#32Darth_KamcioPosted 6/20/2014 3:56:32 AM
Morello is good for them pesky meditating Yis.
---
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; Dragon safari including Dragonair.
#33NemyarPosted 6/20/2014 4:16:45 AM
I'm kinda torn between Athene's Unholy Grail and Mikael's Crucible.

Athene give you:
- 15% Mana on kill/assist, not exactly reliable.
- Average AP (60, there's lot of item that give more AP for cheaper price)
- Somewhat inadequate magic resist, you'll probably need to buy another magic resist items.
- 20% CDR which combined with Athene's 10 mana regen, get you oom faster than with Mikael

Mikael give you:
- Twice as many mana regen as Athene's (20 over 10, that's higher than pre-nerf Athene's 15)
- Decent magic resist which admittedly, might not be enough on its own.
- 10% CDR
#34VoidgolemPosted 6/20/2014 5:20:04 AM(edited)
explain why the first item a gigantic portion of mids buy needs to invalidate mana, give hueg CDR and AP, and be an adequate MR boost.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Xs2EN5c.gif
#35XelltrixPosted 6/20/2014 5:29:14 AM
Morello absolutely IS that good. And people get so close to dying so many times in the LCS where a Morello would have made a difference that it's just plain frustrating that they aren't buying it.
---
Reading this post may induce one or more of the following:
Nausea / Butt-Hurt / Lulz / UM? Syndrome / Angst / Diarrhea
#36KajeIPosted 6/20/2014 5:30:44 AM
Xelltrix posted...
Morello absolutely IS that good. And people get so close to dying so many times in the LCS where a Morello would have made a difference that it's just plain frustrating that they aren't buying it.

Watching LCS players do stupid crap over and over again for literally weeks on end before finally doing the thing i've been raging at them to do is one of my favorite hobbies.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#37Rising ChaosPosted 6/20/2014 4:21:55 PM
Watching LCS players do stupid crap over and over again for literally months and then having sheeple tell me how wrong I am when I point out why it's stupid in an objective and mathematically sound fashion is one of my favorite hobbies.
---
"Pokey and the man."