Compare intermediate bots to real players in terms of skill

#1drlolimasterPosted 7/9/2014 7:30:12 AM
i started playing this game recently and my friends who play told me to practice on bots until we cna stomp them and then theyll go to pvp with me because bots use basic strategy but have crazy reaction speed to help you get better at fighting in general in this game. I bandwagon'd two more friends into playing so our group is still doing bot games for them but i feel like im at the point where bot games are doing more harm than good. im getting too used to manipulating the patterns i know they have and its not even a real fight anymore.

TL;DR how far into ranked do people get more strategic than bots?
---
i like lolis and traps 3DS FC 5129 1858 0109
Don't get hit. Hit it 'till it dies. Don't get greedy.
#2IzyxaPosted 7/9/2014 7:31:48 AM
Bronze V players most likely have little trouble with bots since they are predictable.
---
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
#3drlolimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 7:33:49 AM
thats what i was afraid of. bots are too predictable to be good practice past a couple of games i guess
---
#4MakeItSwainPosted 7/9/2014 7:34:56 AM
i play bot games to test the abilities of champs ive never played before
#5moon1244Posted 7/9/2014 7:39:01 AM
they're bad

when you and the bot are both low the bot just runs away even though it can kill you faster

they have no idea how to deal with splitpushing

in general they're very binary

the only irritating thing is their ability to dodge skillshots
---
I wish I were what I was when I was trying to become what I am now.
#6drlolimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 7:43:22 AM
moon1244 posted...
they're bad

when you and the bot are both low the bot just runs away even though it can kill you faster

they have no idea how to deal with splitpushing

in general they're very binary

the only irritating thing is their ability to dodge skillshots

i guess its a good thing i can consistantly hit htem with ahri then, but even that i feel is just me kiting them to the point where i know they wont dodge. i came to this game after stopping my most recent monhun binge so playing three steps ahead of a computer and hitting where theyre going to be isnt very difficult at least at this level of AI
---
#7dennis941012Posted 7/9/2014 7:55:23 AM
They have map hacks
---
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912
#8NykzaPosted 7/9/2014 7:56:37 AM
I wonder how B5 would do against int. bots if they didn't know they were up against bots.
---
http://i.imgur.com/w2Ni4.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Ui_ZoL07M
#9the_rowanPosted 7/9/2014 7:59:28 AM
You can just buy Sword of the Occult/Mejai's and farm bots all day, getting several levels and several items ahead of where you should be at a given point in the game. It teaches really bad habits because when you're that freakishly strong against bots you can just do stupid things like run into the middle of a 1v5 with Twitch, turn on ult, and win because they'll run from you. I try to at least have perfect CS for ten minutes in bot games when I play them with friends so I'm at least getting something useful out of it.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#10drlolimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 8:03:26 AM
thats what ive been doing in the recent bot games because as i said new friends joined so we're acclamating them now. ive been trying to get my CS to 100 in 20 minutes. im still around 75 best. the thing is though, if i build chalice with ahri, my cs goes up exponentially mid game. i really need to leanr how to go without chalice though. idk how people do it. i guess im just too spam happy with my spells.
---