Fiora or Rango for top lane?

#1shadyelfPosted 7/19/2014 4:23:59 PM
I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for champs and considering these two. Both seem to have good ganking ability (if I wanna gank mid) and good pushers. Also good assassiny qualities in teamfights.

I guess I want whoever is least likely to get nerfed.
---
?
#2BoydZillaPosted 7/19/2014 4:25:46 PM
I prefer playing Rengario, but he is more likely to get nerfed/changed.
---
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
#3reignofkainPosted 7/19/2014 4:29:12 PM
Rengar has seen nerf after nerf after nerf after nerf into a rework into a nerf. He's still good tho imo.

By comparison, Fiora has seen nothing but buffs since her release. She is one of the most snowbally champs in the game. If you give her a milimeter she will take a whole football field and a half. Bonus points if you spam laugh.
---
"So remember, while a headshot hits hard, a bodyshot can hit hard enough to blow your opponent clean off the internet." -GEKGanon
SID: Minion of Kain
#4Kevman510Posted 7/19/2014 4:36:25 PM
Rengar is easily one of the best tops in the game right now, whereas Fiora is without a doubt the worst. If you're in Bronze or silver you can make Fiora work, but anything past that and you will lose your lane and get stomped.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#5DeanyzyPosted 7/19/2014 4:47:02 PM
It's easier to snowball consistently with Rengar so you're best off playing him.

Fiora is a pretty abusable champion in Solo Queue though, you can easily cheese FB at level 1 and get a kill at Level 6 if you play it right although a lot of champions can shut her down inbetween those points. If she snowballs though she's pretty damn hard to stop, she's very much a feast or famine champ although you'll have to work a lot harder to do consistently well with her than you would with Rengar.
---
FC: 2277 6869 7396
Dragon Safari: Dragonair, Fraxure, ???
#6shadyelf(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 4:50:04 PM
Deanyzy posted...
she's very much a feast or famine

Ah I see. Yeah I was aware of some cheese with her which involved her riposte I think. Rengar does seem easier to play when not doing so well. Guess I'll get him. Thanks for the advice!
---
?
#7DeanyzyPosted 7/19/2014 4:52:49 PM
shadyelf posted...
Deanyzy posted...
she's very much a feast or famine

Ah I see. Yeah I was aware of some cheese with her which involved her riposte I think. Rengar does seem easier to play when not doing so well. Guess I'll get him. Thanks for the advice!

Her level 1 shenanigans revolves around her gap closer, you'll rarely take Riposte at Level 1.
---
FC: 2277 6869 7396
Dragon Safari: Dragonair, Fraxure, ???