Is it ok to abandon your adc in lane?

#1manhoodg2199Posted 7/20/2014 10:28:14 AM
Adc kept ripping on me(Taric support) because he couldn't dodge Blitz grabs. So, eventually I got annoyed and helped fiddle a little bit then went top and supported Darius. Despite getting him kills, he ripped on me to for leaving urging the team to report me.(they were not duo's)

Anyway I finished 9-4-20 and we won. So again....is it ok to abandon your adc if you feel you can be more useful elsewhere as support?

Despite the win, Darius and Twitch still threatened to report.
---
Boom Goes the Dynamite!
#2ThunderCavalierPosted 7/20/2014 10:31:57 AM
Even if the adc's stupid, it's generally not proper etiquette for you to leave him.

Mainly because you then make it a 2v1 and end up feeding the enemy adc, while you make top lane 1v2 which allows the enemy top laner to level up faster.
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^
Waiting patiently for the Marisa Kirisame Lux skin~.
#3Maoist_ThoughtPosted 7/20/2014 10:34:54 AM(edited)
If he's hopeless then it's fine to roam around the map trying to pick up kills. Taric is not bad at doing this thanks to his stun. Grab pinks and sweeper lens and have fun. You shouldn't go support another champ altogether though.

I usually do this when it's clear that we've lost lane and that my help can pay higher dividends elsewhere.
#4EnglishLanguagPosted 7/20/2014 10:37:17 AM
Yes.

Remember, you're the team support, not just the ADC's support. If he acts like that, leave and help out another lane and let him solo farm. Hopefully the faster levels help him get ahead.

I did that one game, where our ADC Quinn was feeding and getting mad at me for not stopping her from feeding, so I left and helped top Ryze who was struggling and helped him get snowballed and he carried us to victory afterwards, while Quinn getting solo exp helped her catch back up in the end.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#5gkh5Posted 7/20/2014 10:37:53 AM
Well I feel like you shoulda been able to win that matchup hard lol so I'm confused by that. You pretty much WANT to get hooked if you're Taric against blitz lol.

It worked out in the game you played but with your move top you pretty much gave up drag and bot tower which would've sunk your real pretty far behind if whoever Darius was top against were a bit more intelligent/careful.

The better thing to do when having a tough time bot is to encourage your lane partner to let the tower fall and to farm. Farm golems and soak up xp where possible. AD/Supp isn't too impactful midgame as long as you don't totally feed them so just ride it out carefully and get to late game.
---
LoL IGN: NextLvlBuildsGG
#6manhoodg2199(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 10:39:27 AM
Maoist_Thought posted...
If he's hopeless then it's fine to roam around the map trying to pick up kills. Taric is not bad at doing this thanks to his stun. Grab pinks and sweeper lens and have fun. You shouldn't go support another champ altogether though.

I usually do this when it's clear that we've lost lane and that my help can pay higher dividends elsewhere.

Yea like in the first 5 minutes he died and literally died again as soon as he walked back into lane. He proceeded to scream at me(er caps at me) and literally died again. After that I felt I wasn't allowed to be utilized properly, so I decided to roam and make my own plays which worked great with the pull of Darius.

I would have stayed in lane with Twitch if he weren't such a D-bag.
---
Boom Goes the Dynamite!
#7MrFailPosted 7/20/2014 10:40:23 AM
Some champs can make plays elsewhere. I often roam to mid to try to get some harass or a hook or something of that nature when my ADC is hopeless.

Now if you are Soraka or Sona or something, it isn't even worth roaming.

As for permanent relocation, it's generally not a good idea. If you think they sucked with you there, they will usually feed horribly 1v2. Or you might get lucky and they just decide to play it safe and just CS.
#8manhoodg2199(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 10:44:55 AM
gkh5 posted...
Well I feel like you shoulda been able to win that matchup hard lol so I'm confused by that. You pretty much WANT to get hooked if you're Taric against blitz lol.

It worked out in the game you played but with your move top you pretty much gave up drag and bot tower which would've sunk your real pretty far behind if whoever Darius was top against were a bit more intelligent/careful.

The better thing to do when having a tough time bot is to encourage your lane partner to let the tower fall and to farm. Farm golems and soak up xp where possible. AD/Supp isn't too impactful midgame as long as you don't totally feed them so just ride it out carefully and get to late game.

Oh Trust me, I love to get pulled by Blitz, but those early 2 first bloods +shopping make it dangerous to get pulled that early in level.

I understand we gave up dragon control, but if someone is that toxic and clearly dying every time in lane...it would seem hard to contest it, especially with a 3-0 lucian pre 15 min. The roam did help with Darius though. We got a kill, took tower, then roamed mid and took their tower.
---
Boom Goes the Dynamite!
#9condrePosted 7/20/2014 10:46:04 AM
I think it's a bad idea. Even if bot lane would be lost in any case, you lose further control over the bottom half of the map and the game as a whole.

Also, while some gank might be welcome, other lanes generally don't want a support in lane, I personally hate that. Differently than ADCs, who scale mostly on cs and gold, top and mid scale hard with levels, so you are hurting them leeching their exp in lane.
---
MH Tri: Piseldur (87YWGL EU servers)
#10negative4Posted 7/20/2014 10:47:13 AM
support the guy thats gonna carry you. if your adc sucks or is a whiner, go roam and make plays elsewhere. no point in staying in a losing lane and its better to just let that first tower fall and let your adc farm safely on your side of the map.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.