Another poorly implemented feature for me to whine about: dodge penalty.

#1MistarePosted 8/6/2014 7:40:32 AM
Hey guys, if you know me, you know my absolute favorite thing in the world to do is point out stupid things in LoL that are apparently intrinsically linked to the game and impossible to change, and then whine like a little crybaby girl, before getting relentlessly abused by people that have managed to progress past aforementioned stupid mechanic and thus believe that it's fine.

Today i'll be looking at: THE DODGE PENALTY!

So, last night, about half past midnight i dodged a queue. This is a recent thing for me, usually i would just play and lose, and then whine on GFAQS about how the team were really bad and it's not fair and my anus hurts, but this time i dodged. I lost points, i took one for the team; if i remember correctly it was because the whole team were flaming from the get go due to the standard silver DuoQers "we are duo, we are bot, if you don't let us bot we will still bot trolololol you are all noobs we are duoq, we are both platinum smurfs with 900+ games played on our smurf account and as such are probably not actually smurfs" etc. So yeah, i dodged, got the 5 minute penalty AND lost points. but then i won a match after i waited 5 minutes and all was good.

Now, i was just in another lobby for a ranked match. Once again we have the standard silver players. First pick takes Leona, second pick takes Vayne "we are DuoQ".
"OK" i think "we got them out of the way, smooth sailing from here".
Little did i know just how wrong i was.
Next person to pick takes Kha'zix and calls jungle, i take Tryndamere and call top. At this point i say "ok [insert name here], you're gonna have to mid, make sure you take an AP because that way they either build armor to counter us 3 and you annihilate them, or they build Magic resist to counter you and we annihilate them, or they build both and we all annihilate them! =]"
Bearing in mind this guy has said NOTHING all lobby, and we have been having nice discussions about who is going where etc.
He locks Lucian.
And then goes "where am i going then?"
-_-
I spouted a few vicious profanities in his general direction, apologized to the rest of the team and left the match; these guys were nice, they didn't deserve a loss because of some noob that had dinged 30 after endless bot matches and decided ranked was the thing for him.
Now i have not only lost another 3 points, but i have a HALF HOUR WAIT before i play another match.

The penalties need to be there, i admit. I don't know how they could fix this issue. But my god is the way that they deal with this stuff currently a load of rubbish.
Either:
1) play and almost certainly lose on a full AD team.
or
2) skip, lose points and have to wait half an hour for another match.

The worst part is that this utter goon is now probably happily ruining someone else's match; him ruining my lobby completely didn't make him incur any penalty, instead I incur a penalty because HE is a total douche of the highest caliber.

Now come at me haters, let's see you defend peoples Riot given right to ruin matches like usual, because we all know that LoL and the summoners code is a thinly veiled way for Riot to maximize profits and justify banning the minority of players that take this seriously, whilst condoning the behavior of the large majority of people that either don't understand fundamental basics of LoL, or just do not care.
---
I just flipped a coin and it came out heads 3 times in a row. Anyone know if tails has been nerfed?
#2boochyPosted 8/6/2014 7:43:23 AM(edited)
Working as intended. Don't dodge.

*edit* Although they should implement a vote before the game starts just like a surrender. If a majority of the group decides to dodge, let them without a penatly.
---
Xbox Live GT/PSN ID - Duck Tales LOL/DuckTalesLOL
Steam ID: DuckTalesLOL
#3ClairvoyentPosted 8/6/2014 7:43:16 AM
"I see", said the blind man to the deaf man.
---
"Fecal matter transcended from abstract theory into literal configuration."
-chaoshadou
#4SackBoiPosted 8/6/2014 7:46:03 AM
I believe they need a division to solely deal with que trolls and evaluate appropriate disciplinary action.
---
GTA V: XBL Gamer Tag: The_Koolaidman0 ---Feel free to add
3DS: Koolaid 3024 5113 5894, feel free to add
#5Mistare(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 7:46:08 AM
boochy posted...
Working as intended. Don't dodge.

*edit* Although they should implement a vote before the game starts just like a surrender. If a majority of the group decides to dodge, let them without a penatly.

"don't dodge when your team is 100% AD and last pick doesn't understand basic things like where to go when we have top jungle and bot all taken"
Wow, that last part about Riot hating people that take the game seriously because they make the bads feel bad (like they should) was completely true.
I'll admit, i would rather lose 3 points and wait a half hour than waste time in a match i know is lost from the lobby, but this system is still totally bogus.
---
I just flipped a coin and it came out heads 3 times in a row. Anyone know if tails has been nerfed?
#6TomorrowDogPosted 8/6/2014 7:46:27 AM
Dodge penalties are fine... a half hour wait after your second dodge is pretty reasonable. Otherwise you can just dodge over and over.

An all AD team is also really not that big of a deal. Unless you live in theorycraft-land it is far away from being a guaranteed loss.
---
Press 'X' to receive your interactive, cinematic experience.
#7drlolimasterPosted 8/6/2014 7:46:37 AM
the minute dodge penalty i can get. its enough to keep most people form dodgin every single time they dont get the role the ywant while also allowing you to not have to wait a million years after you dodged a situation that really needed dodging. i dont think 30 minutes is really neccesary.
---
i like lolis and traps 3DS FC 5129 1858 0109
Don't get hit. Hit it 'till it dies. Don't get greedy.
#8king0091Posted 8/6/2014 7:46:51 AM
All AD comps are not nearly as bad as you guys make it seem.
#9Mistare(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 7:50:01 AM
TomorrowDog posted...
Dodge penalties are fine... a half hour wait after your second dodge is pretty reasonable. Otherwise you can just dodge over and over.

An all AD team is also really not that big of a deal. Unless you live in theorycraft-land it is far away from being a guaranteed loss.

king0091 posted...
All AD comps are not nearly as bad as you guys make it seem.

That moment when their team all build armor and Thornmail and your all AD comp is like a wet paper tissue cleaning up doggy diarrhea.
---
#10sk8r_ryanPosted 8/6/2014 7:50:15 AM
Mistare posted...
I spouted a few vicious profanities in his general direction

And you call this guy a douche of the highest caliber
---
"I missed seeing my name in a signature because I'm a narcissistic jerk so welcome back man"-WolfMasterZero