Generic "I'm bad at the game so I'll discredit all the better players...

#11gkh5Posted 9/4/2014 1:07:57 PM
rexbaner2 posted...
Obviously skill plays a role, but ignoring the influence of luck has is ignorant.


Trying to cling to the thought that luck has a significant influence is ignorant. There are only 4 people on your team that can do the things that would fall under "bad luck" (afk, feed, troll, not listen, whatever) and 5 people on the other team that can do all those things. The math is pretty simple. Assuming you do none of those and win lane consistently, you're going to win more than you lose.

Obviously you're going to have runs of good or bad luck in smaller sample sizes but I can promise you it's not bad luck just screwing you from advancing.
---
LoL IGN: NextLvlBuildsGG
#12Mr_PoopletsPosted 9/4/2014 1:13:12 PM
All the top poker players in the world are just incredibly lucky, right?
---
PooP?
#13DoulouPosted 9/4/2014 1:13:43 PM
gkh5 posted...
rexbaner2 posted...
Obviously skill plays a role, but ignoring the influence of luck has is ignorant.


Trying to cling to the thought that luck has a significant influence is ignorant. There are only 4 people on your team that can do the things that would fall under "bad luck" (afk, feed, troll, not listen, whatever) and 5 people on the other team that can do all those things. The math is pretty simple. Assuming you do none of those and win lane consistently, you're going to win more than you lose.

Obviously you're going to have runs of good or bad luck in smaller sample sizes but I can promise you it's not bad luck just screwing you from advancing.


I think some people lack the ability to comprehend this, even though it's simple. People like to provide anecdotal evidence about some games where every lane went 0/10 blah blah... but what does it matter? Unless you have kept a record of at least 100 games and listed the amount of feeders on both teams and can prove it... then well... it's impossible to debate it. Negativity bias is a completely real thing and it's pointless to argue with someones memory. I remember I had 200 more wins than loses in normals, yet at any given point it felt like my lanes were always failing etc
---
I'm either going to live forever or die trying.
#14EphidelPosted 9/4/2014 1:17:51 PM
Wow, your thread is working pretty well.
---
Diese Welt ist grausam. Es ist traurig aber wahr.
Diese Welt ist seltsam. Es ist fraglich aber wahr.
#15KajeIPosted 9/4/2014 1:19:54 PM
Aeturnal is (un?)fortunately the best troll on this board when he feels like it.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#16CrowsB4HoesPosted 9/4/2014 1:20:18 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Ranked is definitely about 70 percent luck. My bottom lane fed Cait about 10 kills within 10 mins. I was up about 30 CS on the Zed in mid with Karthus. Also our rengar fed Cait about 3 kills too.

Tell me that was my fault, please.

looool
---
IGN: Lil Swain [3rd letter in "LiI" is a capital i] Diamond IV Swain main.
Lolskill Swain NA Rank: #15. Aiming for top 10. PM me Swain questions!
#17gkh5Posted 9/4/2014 1:23:57 PM
Also to the person claiming that they don't win more often because they don't just play "BS assassins and yolo queue carries," that's just silly. There's pretty much a diamond main for every single champion in this game (even URGOT).

You think those people never ever had feeders, afk, etc? They did and still made it to diamond on picks that are cut-and-dry worse than others in the game. So it's honestly just not facing the facts to blame it on the types of champions you like to play too.
---
LoL IGN: NextLvlBuildsGG
#18Zans_Posted 9/4/2014 1:27:02 PM
gkh5 posted...
Also to the person claiming that they don't win more often because they don't just play "BS assassins and yolo queue carries," that's just silly. There's pretty much a diamond main for every single champion in this game (even URGOT).

You think those people never ever had feeders, afk, etc? They did and still made it to diamond on picks that are cut-and-dry worse than others in the game. So it's honestly just not facing the facts to blame it on the types of champions you like to play too.


Yeah man everyone knows all those Diamond and Challenger support mains got to where they are by maining "BS assassins and yolo que carries" obviously....
---
PSN: ZansRule
#19Deathx113Posted 9/4/2014 1:29:11 PM
Ranked IS luck.

What's that, a pro made it to diamond? K... Terrible point.

There are what, less than 1% of league players in diamond? So just because 1% can get lucky or are good enough to counter the luck factor, doesn't mean the other 99% of players don't have to rely on luck.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#20PrizmSlashPosted 9/4/2014 1:34:20 PM
Deathx113 posted...
Ranked IS luck.

What's that, a pro made it to diamond? K... Terrible point.

There are what, less than 1% of league players in diamond? So just because 1% can get lucky or are good enough to counter the luck factor, doesn't mean the other 99% of players don't have to rely on luck.


No. What it means is if you're good enough you can climb. That's all there is to it.
---
-_-