Generic "I'm bad at the game so I'll discredit all the better players...

#21KajeIPosted 9/4/2014 2:36:15 PM
Pretty sure the point is that if you actually are better than the rank you're in you'll climb and luck isn't much a factor, but if you aren't then advancement without improvement is largely luck based. Most people think they're better then they are though, so ya know, complaining.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#22Zeeak4444Posted 9/4/2014 2:55:31 PM(edited)
Deathx113 posted...
Ranked IS luck.

What's that, a pro made it to diamond? K... Terrible point.

There are what, less than 1% of league players in diamond? So just because 1% can get lucky or are good enough to counter the luck factor, doesn't mean the other 99% of players don't have to rely on luck.

Lol I got two accounts to diamond. And 3 to plat.

I just pulled a silver 4 up to gold 5 last week too.

I'm not even that good. Don't rely on luck just get better.

Edit: promos are the only real flaw in the system but that shouldn't hold you back if you keep playing and deserve to be higher.

Also why is it the ones who complain can't break into (or rarely out of) gold.
---
Typical gameFAQers are "Complainers that always complain about those who complain about real legitimate complaints."-Joker_X
#23ClairvoyentPosted 9/4/2014 2:58:52 PM
MajinUltima posted...

Yep, it's pretty much luck. Objectively, I will get the 0-X feeders on my team FAR more often than the enemy team will, and I will win most games where we don't have one or more feeders, even if we're a little behind. It is very very rare for the enemy to have any obvious feeders at all, most of my wins come from relatively even games where we win teamfights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
---
"Surely, SURELY the lord of fire cannot be harmed by a level 22 THM's fire spell. I did it anyway. Whaddya know, it did a lot of damage."
#24Deathx113Posted 9/4/2014 3:01:52 PM
PrizmSlash posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Ranked IS luck.

There are what, less than 1% of league players in diamond? So just because 1% can get lucky or are good enough to counter the luck factor, doesn't mean the other 99% of players don't have to rely on luck.

No. What it means is if you're good enough you can climb. That's all there is to it.

Wrong.

It means you have to hope your team is decent so you can climb.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#25Deathx113Posted 9/4/2014 3:03:27 PM
Zeeak4444 posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Ranked IS luck.

Edit: promos are the only real flaw in the system but that shouldn't hold you back if you keep playing and deserve to be higher.

Whats your point?

You're good enough to offset the luck factor, like maybe 1% of other league players.

99% still really on luck.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#26PrizmSlashPosted 9/4/2014 3:03:40 PM
Deathx113 posted...
PrizmSlash posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Ranked IS luck.

No. What it means is if you're good enough you can climb. That's all there is to it.

Wrong.

It means you have to hope your team is decent so you can climb.

Are you blind or just read what you want to? Read what others have posted after me. I just shortened it since this argument gets pulled up every week and gets tiring very fast.
---
-_-
#27TwoStrikes94Posted 9/4/2014 3:04:17 PM
you can be a plat player in something like bronze 2, and you won't win every game.

it's almost like being better than everyone in your game does not guarantee a win, because the game is 90% up to your teammates unless you are absolutely demolishing with a great champ that is able to carry harder than whatever champ(s) got fed on the other team. (which, in this case, would decrease the % of your teammates influence based on your efficiency, but it would never reach 0... even if you're faker. Then there's all of the unfortunate scenarios where people have to quit for IRL things, where you get stuck as support with a team of 4 feeders and everything else that you run into while grinding ranked.)

to say this game doesn't have a large degree of luck involved is to be dumb. (or, you just assume when you sit down to play a game of league of legends, everyone on both teams is trying really hard to win and never gives up or argues with one another over the dumbest things.)

I played a game a few nights ago where I, for some reason, decided to say a negative comment in champ select. (not proud of it) I told my team:

"why am I supporting, I guarantee every single one of you will feed."

finished 6-2-17 as support and my entire team lost all of their lanes/jungle and fed really hard. My adc got ganked by junglers walking through wards I had up despite constant pinging of nearly everyone else on the team (including myself.)

there are games you can't win, because there are people who are playing who play like they never had any intentions of winning in the first place.
---
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoAQOiqKRg
#28PrizmSlashPosted 9/4/2014 3:04:20 PM
Deathx113 posted...
Zeeak4444 posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Ranked IS luck.

Whats your point?

You're good enough to offset the luck factor, like maybe 1% of other league players.

Oh you're forever gonna be bad if you keep thinking like that. GG stay terrible.
---
-_-
#29Deathx113Posted 9/4/2014 3:06:57 PM
PrizmSlash posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Zeeak4444 posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Ranked IS luck.

Whats your point?

Oh you're forever gonna be bad if you keep thinking like that. GG stay terrible.

Great counter argument, did you buy it off eBay too?

Gg kid.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#30CrowsB4HoesPosted 9/4/2014 3:09:57 PM
TwoStrikes94 posted...
you can be a plat player in something like bronze 2, and you won't win every game.

it's almost like being better than everyone in your game does not guarantee a win, because the game is 90% up to your teammates unless you are absolutely demolishing with a great champ that is able to carry harder than whatever champ(s) got fed on the other team. (which, in this case, would decrease the % of your teammates influence based on your efficiency, but it would never reach 0... even if you're faker. Then there's all of the unfortunate scenarios where people have to quit for IRL things, where you get stuck as support with a team of 4 feeders and everything else that you run into while grinding ranked.)

to say this game doesn't have a large degree of luck involved is to be dumb. (or, you just assume when you sit down to play a game of league of legends, everyone on both teams is trying really hard to win and never gives up or argues with one another over the dumbest things.)

I played a game a few nights ago where I, for some reason, decided to say a negative comment in champ select. (not proud of it) I told my team:

"why am I supporting, I guarantee every single one of you will feed."

finished 6-2-17 as support and my entire team lost all of their lanes/jungle and fed really hard. My adc got ganked by junglers walking through wards I had up despite constant pinging of nearly everyone else on the team (including myself.)

there are games you can't win, because there are people who are playing who play like they never had any intentions of winning in the first place.

well duh. whats your point? you will win MOST of your games. 70% at least. its impossible to win every game regardless of skill discrepancy
---
IGN: Lil Swain [3rd letter in "LiI" is a capital i] Diamond IV Swain main.
Lolskill Swain NA Rank: #15. Aiming for top 10. PM me Swain questions!