Generic "I'm bad at the game so I'll discredit all the better players...

#41LaveronxPosted 9/4/2014 3:43:45 PM
If League was 70% luck, then boosters wouldn't exist.
---
I don't know what to put here
#42wanderer918Posted 9/4/2014 3:47:48 PM
Deathx113 posted...

Winning a game is about 70% luck. Unless you're like 5 leagues below where you should be.

I think it's 10% luck, 20% skill...
---
Literally this post.
#43Deathx113Posted 9/4/2014 3:50:49 PM
The luck factor gets higher the higher you go.

Because you'll eventually be playing people your level.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#44gkh5Posted 9/4/2014 3:55:08 PM(edited)
Just as a counter argument to the "1%" BS...my MMR is low plat in ranked and norms which is like top 7-8% I think? So I'm a solid player but I'm certainly not amazing.

I've gotten my main and alt accounts to gold this season when both started mid-silver. It was really easy. 60-70% win rate and was out of silver fast.

Also got a friend from silver 5 to silver 1 so he could have a shot at cracking gold. Made all the same elo hell claims and whatnot so I got him to silver 1 and let him go for it. 25 ranked games later he was back in silver 3. The dude is just a silver player plain and simple! And so is anyone else whining about luck keeping them from moving up.

No **** you're not gonna win every game in a team game with a bunch of Internet randoms. But, again, there's 1 less of them on your team than their team so assuming you're not one of those bad randoms like you claim to be, the math is ALWAYS in your favor! No matter what role or champ you play. If you are so good and don't want to lose because of bad teammates, go find a game where it's 1 v 1 and show the world how awesome you are.

As for luck "being increasingly important as you move up," you are where you belong rank-wise if luck is truly a large factor. Any higher you go is just icing on the cake and any lower you go doesn't matter because you'll soon be playing 4 idiots + yourself vs 5 and you'll get back where you should be. No one is getting significantly farther than they should be on luck alone and you're delusional if you think that.
---
LoL IGN: NextLvlBuildsGG
#45KajeIPosted 9/4/2014 3:52:54 PM
KajeI posted...
Pretty sure the point is that if you actually are better than the rank you're in you'll climb and luck isn't much a factor, but if you aren't then advancement without improvement is largely luck based. Most people think they're better then they are though, so ya know, complaining.

Just wanna mention this again. You don't have to be a godly league player to beat up on the people in your rank, and even if you did have to be you could reach that point if you put in the work. Blaming failure to advance on luck is a cop out way of saying that you're either too lazy or busy to put in the work.

So yes. In the short term, luck may play a part. But over a longer period of time, you'll reach the point you should be at regardless. There's a reason when people actually noticeably improve at some aspect of the game you'll see them advance further. Saying that they got lucky would be dumb, unless they really hadn't improved much if at all.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#46KajeIPosted 9/4/2014 3:53:25 PM
wanderer918 posted...
Deathx113 posted...

Winning a game is about 70% luck. Unless you're like 5 leagues below where you should be.

I think it's 10% luck, 20% skill...

15% concentrated power of will?
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#47ClairvoyentPosted 9/4/2014 4:00:00 PM
It's only luck based when you're in the elo you belong.
---
"Surely, SURELY the lord of fire cannot be harmed by a level 22 THM's fire spell. I did it anyway. Whaddya know, it did a lot of damage."
#48AeternaNocturne(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 4:10:05 PM
Luck plays a role.

It's incredibly minute.

Luck in ranked has a greater influence on how fast you advance than if you advance.

Everyone ends up with an uncarryable bad once in a while. Not saying you suck if you ever lose. Not saying every game is carryable.

But if you find yourself saying the team was too heavy 3 out of every 4 or 5 games, you're just as heavy as the rest of your team was.

If a player belongs higher than their Elo, they'll win more than they lose, whether it be 9/10 games or 501/1000 games. If you're not, you're where you belong.
---
I'm pro choice, not pro abortion. I support a woman's right to choose.
No one is pro abortion. It is always a serious and solemn thing - and always her choice.
#49terrancejonesPosted 9/4/2014 4:16:38 PM
Pretty sure luck is every bit as important as skill. A Nub like me wouldn't be decent enough as I surprisingly am, without luck, and a little bit of skill.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5327-0996-6757 Water FS: Panpour, Quagsire, Frogadier
#50shadyelfPosted 9/4/2014 4:26:56 PM
luck plays a role in how fast you can climb. Ultimately you will get to where you belong based on skill, but it could take a really long time.
The more games you play the less you can claim luck. In your placements where there are 10 games you can easily say luck influenced almost all of them. And one game can make the difference between gold/silver/bronze. But after a 1000 games in the same place, it's probably just you.
---
?