Generic "I'm bad at the game so I'll discredit all the better players...

#51MehicTUH_92Posted 9/4/2014 4:46:27 PM
KajeI posted...
wanderer918 posted...
Deathx113 posted...

Winning a game is about 70% luck. Unless you're like 5 leagues below where you should be.

I think it's 10% luck, 20% skill...

15% concentrated power of will?

5% pleasure?
---
Dihydrogen Monoxide is a colorless, odorless substance that makes up many deadly substances and can be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.
#52Zeeak4444Posted 9/4/2014 4:49:01 PM
MehicTUH_92 posted...
KajeI posted...
wanderer918 posted...
Deathx113 posted...

Winning a game is about 70% luck. Unless you're like 5 leagues below where you should be.

5% pleasure?

For real though ranked is 50% pain

You know since you lose 50% of games huehue
---
Typical gameFAQers are "Complainers that always complain about those who complain about real legitimate complaints."-Joker_X
#53MehicTUH_92Posted 9/4/2014 4:50:28 PM
Zeeak4444 posted...
MehicTUH_92 posted...
KajeI posted...
wanderer918 posted...
Deathx113 posted...

5% pleasure?

For real though ranked is 50% pain

You know since you lose 50% of games huehue

Look at the last 9 people you played with

Including you, that's 10 ppl.

Chances are, 5 of them won

That's 50%, the likely number of people who would win if League was luck-based.

GG RITO LEAGUE IS 10000000% LUCK
---
Dihydrogen Monoxide is a colorless, odorless substance that makes up many deadly substances and can be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.
#54KajeIPosted 9/4/2014 4:53:14 PM
Thank god someone finished the chain. WP men, WP indeed.

Say goodbye now, this topic has served its true purpose.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#55TwoStrikes94Posted 9/4/2014 5:05:16 PM
well duh. whats your point? you will win MOST of your games. 70% at least. its impossible to win every game regardless of skill discrepancy

I am the biggest voice for "this game is luck."

When people argue against me, I wonder if they all agree with what you just said here.

I come from a game where I can, and have, won 100% of my games from bronze to the equivalent of Diamond 1.

I come from a game where I used to punch walls and rant to gamefaqs on the regular when I would lose my first game after 10 straight victories. (sc2)

I hate losing. You just told me you agreed that someone several times more skilled than everyone else in his game will still lose 30% of the time. That's RIDICULOUS. I can't STAND losing to garbage players and I don't want to have to rely on people that I can't even help for significant lengths of time in every game.

The only time in this game I've ever lost more than I've won was when I was in bronze, and surprisingly enough, I actually still believed that I could win every single game if I was good enough. I was naive enough to think that everyone on both teams is roughly around the same skill level with the same motivation to win, so if I can provide a significantly higher influence to the game than my laning opponent, I will become victorious almost every time.

Fast forward to games where you're 20-4 mid ziggs with 96k damage done to champs and the overall kill score is in the enemies favor without you ever having a real chance at victory... and I start to stop believing in skill. (not to mention games where I duo with diamonds in gold and we still lose, mostly because of trolls... but point stands)

There's two ways of looking at this game and how much it relies on luck. One way is to say the game is 100% luck every single time by just thinking about how it's entirely up to your teammates. It's possible you get 4 teammates that all afk giving you a 0% chance of winning the game. Clearly if your teammates can guarantee you a loss, your fate is always in their hands. Most people don't always think of thisthough, because the luck involved in ALWAYS getting 4 teammates that AFK is very low.

The way most people think about luck (i think) in this game is this:

You will win the majority of your games by simply being better than everyone else, because your teammates will only completely cost you the game a small amount of times.

Those times are when I get really mad and post about the game being luck.

Why get mad when you still win more than you lose, Raine?

Playing this game is a giant time sink, one game can take an hour when you factor in queue + champ select + loading screen + actual game. It's ridiculous. When you sit down and say, I'm going to solo Q all night tonight.. that actually means you have 4-6 games before your night is over and going to bed is a thing. Losing during that time just means you wasted an hour that will have to be redone next game. (or more than an hour, if you lose in promos.)

It's extremely frustrating to lose when you feel like you played well, at least in comparison to everyone else in the game, and it's far worse to lose when it's costing you hours of your life with every one.

There's still one argument that I haven't covered in this post though. "Bjergson would win in your place."
It's hard to even type out what this argument means. Someone using this argument is basically saying if you're a million times better than your competition, you will have an amazing winrate so the game isn't luck. He still won't win every game, but that's irrelevant really. Why do you have to be the equivalent of a god among men in order to counteract the terrible teammates that are supposedly the same rank as you? Even when you are a god among men, you still might lose games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoAQOiqKRg
#56KajeIPosted 9/4/2014 5:17:31 PM(edited)
You came from what was an effectively single player game. LoL has (with the exception of community tourneys and Showdown) never been a single player game and never will be. Deal with having to lose sometimes when it's barely your fault. The same thing happens in every team based game / game mode.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#57Mander1861Posted 9/4/2014 5:15:58 PM
lol at all the nerds and skill talk
---
National Atheist coalition co founder. 171 Mensa certified IQ. Part time Astro physicist. Voted Gamefaqs most liked and respected poster.
#58TwoStrikes94Posted 9/4/2014 5:17:47 PM
KajeI posted...
You came from what was an effectively single player game. LoL has (with the exception of community tourneys and Showdown) been a single player game and never will be. Deal with having to lose sometimes when it's barely your fault. The same thing happens in every team based game / game mode.

It was, it was 1v1.

The team game I played for a decade of my life though, was Halo. While you did get the games where your teammates are simply worse than the opposition, you can at least HELP them for 95% of the game. I can follow them into their bad decision making. I can position myself to best compliment their own terrible positioning, I can make sure that I'm helping them for the entire game.

In League, I can't stop my ___ lane from feeding in the first few minutes of a game. I can't gank all the lanes at once, I can't do anything to prevent my teammates from getting demolished for a large portion of every league match that I play. I can do A LOT to prevent my teammates from getting destroyed in Halo though. And, even if they do die a lot, the other team isn't getting insane rewards because of it. It's much easier to carry to your own skill level, without being a billion times better than everyone in the game. It's a much more consistent solo Q experience all around.

ps. I didn't mention ranked 5s for league, because that's potentially completely different. I don't have too much experience with it, other than it's really hard to find a team of 5 similarly skilled players. (in my experience.)
---
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoAQOiqKRg
#59MegaWentEvilPosted 9/4/2014 6:03:24 PM
And that's the difference between professional gamers and professional athletes. Professional athletes don't treat people who aren't on their level like they were sub-human.
#60MegaWentEvilPosted 9/4/2014 6:04:07 PM
Mander1861 posted...
lol at all the nerds and skill talk

People should be bashing jocks, not nerds. Jocks are all muscle, bullying, and no brain.