Lore-wise: What exactly is a summoner?

#11SeizureGoatPosted 9/4/2014 7:13:49 PM
ThunderCavalier posted...
SeizureGoat posted...
Also a summoner can pull an alternate time line version of the champion, if the main one is indisposed. That way they don't directly interfere with the lives of certain champs if it would be a detriment to do so.

Which was how they explained skins. At some point way back when.

... Based on this alone, I demand a featured game mode where Jayce leads a team of champions against Creator Viktor and his group of Battlecast Champions.

Omg thunder, you're being brilliant again.
---
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
-Jesus Christ-
#12Geminia999Posted 9/4/2014 7:16:10 PM
According to the JoJ (which is technically supposed to be Word of God, but dear god rito wants to burn it to ashes), the Summoners are highly skilled mages who share telepathic connections with the given champion. They "share minds" and become one unique individual, which explains

1) Why champions relearn their abilities every game.
2) Why death timers increase (you become more synchronized with your given champion as you gain experience, which means that your champion dying causes a greater mental trauma and a longer time to recover).
3) Why summoner skills exist (a product of summoner magic).

Minions are controlled by lesser summoners. Summoners who bond with champions are usually talented, professional mages to control the actions of a champion. To paraphrase the JoJ, a champion and a summoner sharing one mind is "one unique individual in itself"

Which is why one Vayne is good and the other Vayne is terrible.

Of course, I bet Riot probably doesn't remember any of this. >_>;

Okay I like that, but it doesn't exactly explain a summoner using the same champions again and again not giving them an advantage (though i guess if we ask that question we have to ask what the hell are Runes/Masteries/and purchasing Champs)
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#13CrowsB4HoesPosted 9/4/2014 7:16:25 PM
i miserable pile of secrets
---
IGN: Lil Swain [3rd letter in "LiI" is a capital i] Diamond IV Swain main.
Lolskill Swain NA Rank: #15. Aiming for top 10. PM me Swain questions!
#14Tmaster148Posted 9/4/2014 7:17:11 PM
Geminia999 posted...
According to the JoJ (which is technically supposed to be Word of God, but dear god rito wants to burn it to ashes), the Summoners are highly skilled mages who share telepathic connections with the given champion. They "share minds" and become one unique individual, which explains

1) Why champions relearn their abilities every game.
2) Why death timers increase (you become more synchronized with your given champion as you gain experience, which means that your champion dying causes a greater mental trauma and a longer time to recover).
3) Why summoner skills exist (a product of summoner magic).

Minions are controlled by lesser summoners. Summoners who bond with champions are usually talented, professional mages to control the actions of a champion. To paraphrase the JoJ, a champion and a summoner sharing one mind is "one unique individual in itself"

Which is why one Vayne is good and the other Vayne is terrible.

Of course, I bet Riot probably doesn't remember any of this. >_>;

Okay I like that, but it doesn't exactly explain a summoner using the same champions again and again not giving them an advantage (though i guess if we ask that question we have to ask what the hell are Runes/Masteries/and purchasing Champs)

Well the more you play a champion, the better you understand how they function and realize better ways to itemize.
---
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h435/Tmaster148/crow.png
#15Pale_Heart(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:18:19 PM(edited)
I guess this summoner thing explains Lee Sin and Lissandra's blindness too, considering they can walk in the jungle without bumping into trees.
#16ThunderCavalierPosted 9/4/2014 7:21:24 PM
Geminia999 posted...
Okay I like that, but it doesn't exactly explain a summoner using the same champions again and again not giving them an advantage

It's not stated in the JoJ, but it's implied that the mental link strengthens only after continuous use, and breaking it for any extended period of time causes the mental link to weaken, hence why summoners and champions have to relearn each other.
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^
Waiting patiently for the Marisa Kirisame Lux skin~.
#17ThunderCavalierPosted 9/4/2014 7:21:41 PM
Pale_Heart posted...
I guess this summoner thing explains Lee Sin and Lissandra's blindness too, considering they can walk in the jungle without bumping into trees.

I thought Lissy had eyes...
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^
Waiting patiently for the Marisa Kirisame Lux skin~.
#18KajeIPosted 9/4/2014 7:23:24 PM
Pale_Heart posted...

She has em. Don't work though.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#19SeizureGoatPosted 9/4/2014 7:25:37 PM
Pale_Heart posted...

She got mauled by a bear or something, and uses the ice to "perceive" her surroundings.
---
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
-Jesus Christ-
#20SorrySleepingPosted 9/4/2014 7:25:44 PM
Geminia999 posted...

A summoner has to unlink with a champion otherwise they are still sorta connected. Yeah, that'd be fun walking around all day connect to Renekton or Nocturne.

As for the other things, please no. Runes/Masteries/Buying Champions is a "out of game non-lore" mechanic.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~