Lore-wise: What exactly is a summoner?

#31MehicTUH_92Posted 9/4/2014 8:16:02 PM
ThunderCavalier posted...
MehicTUH_92 posted...
Wyrmcraft posted...
Guess that was part of the subconscious attraction, ever since Lily I've had a thing for blind women.

Also, Katawa Shoujo anyone? Favorite girl?

Hanako

There are ****ing Katawa Shoujo fans on this board? What does this board not have?

Also, also Hanako.

She's MINE! You already have Lux and Marisa and Alice Vocaloid Still not a typo
---
Dihydrogen Monoxide is a colorless, odorless substance that makes up many deadly substances and can be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.
#32SeizureGoatPosted 9/4/2014 8:22:59 PM
Wyrmcraft posted...
I remember Bloody Roar 3...man that was a game from when I was a kid. I used to play it over at a friend's house.

I was really bad at video games back then.

This is the reason I loved Bloody Roar

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110811153129/bloodyroar/images/e/e5/CronosAnimalBRX.jpg

So many good memories.
---
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
-Jesus Christ-
#33aHappySackaPosted 9/4/2014 8:27:36 PM
Wyrmcraft posted...
Guess that was part of the subconscious attraction, ever since Lily I've had a thing for blind women.

Also, Katawa Shoujo anyone? Favorite girl?

Emi is mine, mwa hahaha!
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/j8p5fA8.png
#34ThunderCavalierPosted 9/4/2014 8:31:46 PM
MehicTUH_92 posted...
She's MINE! You already have Lux and Marisa and Alice Vocaloid Still not a typo

You forgot Mami Tomoe from PMMM. ... Also, if we're counting Awakening waifus, Cynthia.

Oh, right. YOU TAKE THAT BACK.
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^
Waiting patiently for the Marisa Kirisame Lux skin~.
#35KajeIPosted 9/4/2014 8:37:53 PM
SeizureGoat posted...
Wyrmcraft posted...
I remember Bloody Roar 3...man that was a game from when I was a kid. I used to play it over at a friend's house.

I was really bad at video games back then.

This is the reason I loved Bloody Roar

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110811153129/bloodyroar/images/e/e5/CronosAnimalBRX.jpg

So many good memories.

The ****ing penguin. Because screw having to counter throws and loads of high attacks, i'm a penguin! I'm not salty cause i'm a Stun main, nope.
---
I laugh as I watch people ignore the past, lie about the present, and misrepresent the future.
#36Suffer_NotPosted 9/5/2014 8:51:06 PM
SorrySleeping posted...
Geminia999 posted...
Okay I like that, but it doesn't exactly explain a summoner using the same champions again and again not giving them an advantage (though i guess if we ask that question we have to ask what the hell are Runes/Masteries/and purchasing Champs)

A summoner has to unlink with a champion otherwise they are still sorta connected. Yeah, that'd be fun walking around all day connect to Renekton or Nocturne.

As for the other things, please no. Runes/Masteries/Buying Champions is a "out of game non-lore" mechanic.

Umm... But all of that stuff is explained in the lore.

"A player in League of Legends takes on the role of a summoner, a gifted spell caster who has the power to bring forth a champion to fight as their avatar in Valoran's Fields of Justice. With all major political decisions on Valoran now decided by the outcome of the contests that take place in the battle arenas, a summoner is the key force of change on the continent. As the summoner controls the champion in combat, the summoner also influences the outcome of the match through the use of summoner spells, runes, and masteries. Once a match is over, the summoner gains experience and influence points. Experience points allow the summoner to gain increased powers by unlocking additional spells and rune slots, while influence points allow the summoner to gain access to new champions and new runes for use in future fights."

This paragraph used to be on the Summoner Info page on their website before it got changed in like season 3.

The League of Legends was essentially a giant court and Champions were all lawyers. Anytime there was a dispute, it would be settled on the Field of battle, and these disputes could be everything from "Our country wants control of an island" to "We really need to increase taxes on beer" or anything in between. Therefore, even enemies could work together on the battlefield because it was just assumed that they shared some interest somewhere, and every team combination could tell some story of what they were fighting for. Ahri, Rammus, Zyra, Ezreal, and Nidalee against Jarvan, Swain, Lux, Miss Fortune, and Xin Zhao might be a fight between champions who are trying to pass some mandate against using animals in research and the ones who oppose that, for example.

Summoners gain influence from doing matches, which they use to gain access to different champions and expand their repertoire and thus their ability to perform on the field, while champions would use whatever IP is spent on them or earned through them in order to buy nice things (Sivir), fund things they care about, or so on.

There was a lot of lore put into why the game is played the way it was, even if Riot is looking to get away from that now.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#37Vikilla4VPosted 9/5/2014 8:57:33 PM
the summoner is the guy with a fedora and cheeto dust on his beard
---
Owned souls: jay7018, Azumarill12777, Sexy_L4DY, Webstedge
#38fuzzyslippers2Posted 9/5/2014 8:58:20 PM
Summoners are actually little kids with crazy imaginations playing with their toys.
#39TheSlinjaPosted 9/5/2014 9:25:20 PM
KajeI posted...
What's next, Custom Robo

Yep
Also Rin best girl by a mile
---
Official Grand Chancellor of PotD
Official Member of the Goma Orak Fan Club
#40CaoXingPosted 9/5/2014 9:30:42 PM
TheSlinja posted...
KajeI posted...
Also Rin best girl by a mile