Wow i never heard of this game. *spoilers*

#1shinkusanagiPosted 5/18/2011 12:23:45 PM
Just bought this the other day 20 bucks brand new. I was at the game store and was looking for games for my ps3 cause i just got one (finally ^_^) and this game caught my eye. Took the game home and played it. Took forever to install but whatever. Started playing the game and noticed this game was like Gears of War. I'm like oh man but whatever, i kept playing it and got into it. The graphics looks waaaay better than GOW. The characters looks more interesting. And i like the idea where you can have that girl (whatever her name is) thrown at enemies and when she's close you could do combos. Over all i like the game. anyone thinking of picking this game up should get it. if your still curious rent the game.
---
"RESISTANCE IS FLAMMABLE. NO ONE CAN SNUFF MY FLAME!" Kyo from KOF 2000
#2NewhopesPosted 5/18/2011 7:12:21 PM

The game is awful and no it doesn't look or play better than gears of war.

#3shinkusanagi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2011 9:37:35 PM
Uh oh. Here comes the negative comments. Well you have the right to your opinion. i just think this is a good game dispite what people say.
---
#4DemiFistPosted 5/22/2011 6:18:55 AM
Newhopes posted...
The game is awful and no it doesn't look or play better than gears of war.

^This.

Man you are smoking crack if you think this game is anywhere near Gears in quality. The aiming is horrendous! The graphics are ugly in comparison to any current gen title, let alone anything made on the Unreal Engine.
You can't slam to cover in any direction like Gears, which accompanied by the jumpy aiming, makes combat extremely clunky. QT is like a low budget Gears, and COME ON! Why if you're going to shamelessly rip off Gears couldn't the developers have stuck with the One button Dive, Roll, and run?
KOEI even shamelessly stole GoW's in-game chatter. Syd grumbles Marcus Pheonix's lines every 5 seconds. 'hmm ammo.' 'fight through the pain' a few others...

The only redeeming aspect of QT is the story is a bit more interesting than Gears. Wake up dude its sad you are trying to put this game over a title that came out 5 years ago, and it can't even stack up to it. Quantum dosen't do anything to deserve anyone's praise, its a decent rental thats it.... There are plenty of reasons why the reviews are so low......
#5shinkusanagi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2011 4:00:26 PM
Yeah the controls was annoying and i hate that damn voice. LMAO ammo, splat, more more lol. even from gears of war. But still the game is very fun to play. I hope a part 2 comes out.
---
#6shinkusanagi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2011 4:15:02 PM
oh yeah about the aiming. Most shooter games if you keep shooting and aiming at the same spot you lose the accuracy.
---
#7XevenPosted 5/22/2011 4:41:34 PM
People just need to stop worshipping Gears of War.

Quantum Theory is a good, competent alternative to anyone looking for something similar to Gears of War sans the homo-eroticism... and I agree that it needs a sequel, sk.

Incidentally, if you have problem with aiming, you must have tremulous hands or don't know that easy mode has an auto-lock feature to the enemies.
---
http://coolzomb.sitesled.com/
#8shinkusanagi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2011 4:38:39 PM
LMAO!!!!!! Now that's funny. Owned!!!!!!!
---
#9DemiFistPosted 5/26/2011 2:03:50 PM
Xeven posted...
People just need to stop worshipping Gears of War.

Quantum Theory is a good, competent alternative to anyone looking for something similar to Gears of War sans the homo-eroticism... and I agree that it needs a sequel, sk.

Incidentally, if you have problem with aiming, you must have tremulous hands or don't know that easy mode has an auto-lock feature to the enemies.

Pretty sure just about every reviewer commented on the games horrid aiming, and nope I have small hands and play every other 3ps game just perfect... (cuz their aiming is calibrated correctly, and the on-screen reticule moves where you're thumbs do ) and I am also aware of easy modes lock on (but who plays any game on easy mode?)

and I'm pretty sure no one here was worshipping Gears. But this game tries its hardest to be Gears and fails on every level.. . Gears is a very solid franchise with great gameplay. Quantum just manages to be passable....
#10XevenPosted 5/27/2011 9:36:32 AM
Basing your opinion off reviews are for sheep who can't think for themselves.

I play on easy, because I'm weak sauce, though I've played the first stage on normal and I'll probably try going through the rest of the game on it. Anyway, the aiming doesn't bother me that much. It's like the retards who complain about bad cameras in games that I don't have a problem with.

Maybe not this thread, but they're 100% on this board. It tries to be like Gears and succeeds on being a less homo version. I haven't played Gears of War but I don't disagree that it most likely has better gameplay, but my points still remain for me and that's enough for me to prefer Quantum Theory, and I'm sure others, over it.
---
http://coolzomb.sitesled.com/