Ruining tekken games :(

#1AzuredoragonPosted 12/9/2011 11:19:48 AM
I know, flame bait, but i used to be really good at the other 5 tekkens. Then I play this... and somehow I'm frustrated with how much I suck at it. I can't even do easy on this game D: wtf

arcade mode we have azazel which is a cheating bastard. I had to knock the options to lower time and make it one turn win and then just hit him once I have an opening and then let the clock kill him so technically I've never BEATEN him.

Campaign mode is annoying as hell. You can't grabble like you could in the prior campaign modes of like 3 and devil jin's storyline. Targetting is messed up. I know how to target, but while I'm targetting them I still run away instead of blocking or preparing any attacks that need to be pressed with the back key. in otherwords, limited moveset and horrible targetting.

and I see people say story mode, I don't see it. Just arcade mode. Is that unlocked?
#2BombermanGoldPosted 12/9/2011 12:12:36 PM
Uhh, the Story mode is kinda mashed into Scenario Campaign.

Beat a stage (and the boss of that stage) in SC mode, and Arena mode is unlocked, which is basically the uber-quick version of Arcade mode (people who you have beaten their stage on SC mode will be unlocked from here to play and beat Arena mode in order to unlock their cinematic mess).
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#3seraphimaxPosted 12/9/2011 11:42:18 PM(edited)
well if you're very used to tekken 5 or DR and just got into tekken 6 you'll find it different. i think the bound mechanics causes this along with some new bound moves for your chara, with a little practice though you'll get used to it in no time. i remembered when i just got into this game, even on easy difficulty i could not beat my AI opponent, got used to it now and I'm playing against the AI in ultra hard difficulty. Azazel is still cheap though even if you have enough practice, he'll still beat the crap out of you.

about SC mode, this mode is really screwed up, once i've beaten this mode i really felt like never playing it again. the only reason i still play SC though is to farm items and gold, cause other modes give way too little gold.

all in all, just give this game a chance, it's still a tekken game and it's still pretty good.
---
"If you have a problem
Talk to my gun barrel."
#4HayanNinjaPosted 12/10/2011 12:33:41 AM
Campaign mode is annoying as hell. You can't grabble like you could in the prior campaign modes of like 3 and devil jin's storyline. Targetting is messed up. I know how to target, but while I'm targetting them I still run away instead of blocking or preparing any attacks that need to be pressed with the back key. in otherwords, limited moveset and horrible targetting.

It's actually split controls. The analog stick gives free movement, while the D-Pad, if you're targetting an enemy, will be like in a normal Tekken fight. I think there's an option to swap these, too.
---
"Abolish the ToS and replace it with the line, "Don't be a dumbass." How perfect would that be?" ~ Tarrun
#5Azuredoragon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2011 6:26:08 PM
I just tried it, it does NOT let you grabble unless you hit the dpad. Thanks for that. I would of never had such an easy time with it. (my main user for this has been king. Grabbles are gooood with him X3)
#6ArcHarryPosted 12/13/2011 5:12:36 PM
Argh, the word is grapple. That is unless you actually mean you enjoy lying down and scurrying about with King.
---
www.arcanumbook.com
#7seraphimaxPosted 12/14/2011 8:52:43 PM
grappling is useless in SC mode, you'll just gonna get your butt kicked by the hoards of enemies in each stage.
---
"If you have a problem
Talk to my gun barrel."
#8HayanNinjaPosted 12/14/2011 10:53:31 PM
No, they're actually really good. Nothing can touch you while you're in the middle of a grapple.
---
"Abolish the ToS and replace it with the line, "Don't be a dumbass." How perfect would that be?" ~ Tarrun
#9seraphimaxPosted 12/15/2011 7:56:33 AM
really? well i only play SC for item/gold grind on nightmare train stage, most of the enemies their cancel my grabs, i don't really last long enough until the boss arrives.
---
"If you have a problem
Talk to my gun barrel."
#10BombermanGoldPosted 12/15/2011 3:07:08 PM
Using grabs in SC is pretty much the only real reliable room-clearing/get-the-hell-away-from-me move anyone can do.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD