Hori Fighting Stick or SF Madcatz Controller?

#1StoneCold2010Posted 8/3/2009 7:43:10 PM
Which is better to get for Tekken?

If you got other suggestions, go mention it but I don't wanna spend something over $60
---
Rest in Peace Mitsuharu Misawa (June 18 1962 - June 13 2009) and Michael Jackson (August 29, 1958 - June 25 2009)
Leader of the Land of Lolis
#2Darken Rahl XPosted 8/3/2009 8:00:43 PM
well get the mdacatz controller. You're not going to find a good stick for under $120.

Hori's wireless stick coming with the game is $80 by itself and it probably uses Hori's buttons and stick... which aren't bad like the Fightstick SE, but they aren't as durable as Seimitsu's or Sanwa's buttons.
---
PSN: SolRahlX
XBL: SolRahlX
#3tehjoey9170Posted 8/3/2009 9:51:48 PM
I use the street fighter fight pad controller and I love it for street fighter and soul calibur 4. The buttons are nicely sized, the D-pad is very responsive and much larger(and better than the 360 controllers awful D-pad) for even someone like me who has large hands and the 6 face buttons make it real awesome for pulling off combos and such. If you don't feel like you can afford an arcade stick, by all means pick this up as anything is better than the 360 controller for fighters.
---
I'm not biased,I hate all systems equally
#4getterwingPosted 8/3/2009 11:37:22 PM
if you mean the Hori Fighting Stick EX2, it is not good, as it use Hori's stick and buttons, but still better than a fightpad.

some fightpads have issues in the diag directions.
#5triple sPosted 8/4/2009 6:19:54 AM
I was going to get the wireless Hori Arcade stick but after reading a lot of reviews on Hori's "cheaper" sticks, I decided to bite the bullet and get the TE Fight Stick. I'm glad I did. It's built with very high quality Sanwa parts and above all else, I'm getting a couple of months with practice with it before Tekken 6 comes out. I'm currently playing games like BlazBlue, MvC2, and SSF2HD to get used to it. I also have Tekken 3 on my PS emulator that I could practice a bit on Tekken with.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#6Sipher360Posted 8/6/2009 3:30:01 AM
I have the Hori EX2, the SFIV TE, SFIV SE (Sanwa mod), and a Tekken 5: Anniversary Stick (PS2 with PS3 adapter). I also had a SFIV Fightpad until I got rid of it. And across all these sticks I find the Hori EX2 to be very comparable and a cheap solution to a good stick...especially for 3D fighters that doesn't require the kinda motion precisions of 2D fighters.

So, I would go with the Hori EX2. Also, you can wait for the LE Stick that comes with Tekken 6 if you like. If I base it on Hori's past affordable sticks, it's probably going to be a decent stick. No Sanwa quality stick, but it more than gets the job done for the price...The stick and buttons on Hori's base sticks always feel nice and responsive.
---
The devil has a particular interest in not believing in god...for to believe in god would mean being held accountable for his crimes against humanity...--S1W
#7StoneCold2010(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2009 5:47:22 PM
Alright I think I'll go with the Hori EX2 stick, thanks guys.
---
Rest in Peace Mitsuharu Misawa (June 18 1962 - June 13 2009) and Michael Jackson (August 29, 1958 - June 25 2009)
Leader of the Land of Lolis
#8KillZUMPosted 8/7/2009 10:13:57 AM
So can I just buy the hori EX2 and then upgrade it for like $20 bucks with Sanwa buttons & Joystick? I assume the buttons just pop out or use some kind of push pin once you take the cover screws out, but Is it tough to install a new joystick?

I saw some parts (sanwa buttons & joystick) on ebay for pretty cheap, so I was just curious as to why they charged so much for the more expensive controllers if you can just buy an EX2 and upgrade it.

---
"If there is no check on the freedom of your words, then let your hearts be open to the freedom of our actions"
#9ryden14Posted 8/7/2009 10:53:30 AM

my hori ex2 works great and has greatly incresed my skill with sf4

#10triple sPosted 8/8/2009 10:22:06 AM
So can I just buy the hori EX2 and then upgrade it for like $20 bucks with Sanwa buttons & Joystick? I assume the buttons just pop out or use some kind of push pin once you take the cover screws out, but Is it tough to install a new joystick?

Uh, unless you can solder, it is not an easy thing to do. Also, I heard a lot of stories about about their sticks breaking breaking within a few months of use. My advice is pay a few bucks more for the Street Fighter 4 SE Fight Stick if you want to upgrade your parts, since it's a lot easier and you don't have to solder.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09