Tekken 6 Hori Fight Stick

#1Haydn78Posted 10/31/2009 6:24:29 AM
I just want to give my opinion of this fight stick for those thinking of buying it. This may be out there already but here it goes. Now this is my first fight stick so I have nothing to compare it to and I'm also a casual gamer, but I'm looking to really get into Tekken 6 so I want quality. First thing I noticed is that the buttons definately are "loose" and do not feel firm when pressed. Without pressing down, you take your finger and wiggle the top of the button around it contains alot of play and when pressing down on the button that play sometimes makes for a rough movement of the button being pressed. As its been discussed before the Hori buttons are not as good as Sanwa so thats no problem right?, we'll just swapped them out... Well the case of the fight stick is screwed together with "tri-wing" screws. Luckily I have tri-wing screw bits, Bought an assorted set of security bits for $3 at Harbor Freight, they actually came in handy! Once the case is opened, which I already read in another post, the push buttons are indeed soldered into a PCB board made seperately for the buttons of the stick. So if you want to swap out the buttons your going to have to unsolder the back of the pushbuttons from the PCB and at the same time due to its design depress the snap buttons and push them out the front one at a time, which won't be easy for the layman. Also to note is that where the AA batteries go there is an accessable external power input plug which has a 4 inline pin input. I can only think that was used during quality inspection at the factory to power up the device, but why would they go to the costs of manufacturing the pin and wires for that power input if its not going to be used afterwards and there is no mention in the limited instruction manual it comes with. Also to not there is no mention of a warranty anywhere! Come on I just dropped $150, if i bought the Hori Arcade Pro EX, which this looks to be an exact copy of, minus the darn button soldering, I bet it would come with a warranty. Not even a mention of a customer service number anywhere in it either. To sum it up I wish I got the Mad Catz Street Fighter IV TE which is now back in stock for $130 and the game for $50 with free shipping and no tax at Amazon. I spent $162 with tax at Gamestop and the only benefit is that its wireless, which is nice but I read a post that said you won't be able to join tournaments with a wireless stick... which I can only assume means local tournaments for reasons I dont understand. I'm going to try and get used to the buttons and hopefully I won't notice the play after a while but if it comes to it I'm going to attempt to solder replace them which is a little scary to be honest. Thanks for reading take care. -Haydn
#2Haydn78(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2009 6:56:46 AM
I also wanted to add it has a square restrictor plate on the stick.
#3skorpion_zeroPosted 10/31/2009 7:41:55 AM
what do u mean when it has a square restrictor plate, also is the joystick very loose for you like you can wiggle it around a lot. thank you.
---
Gamertag: Shadowbox92
#4triple sPosted 10/31/2009 7:53:28 AM
This is exactly why I bought the TE stick this past July for this game. At the end of the day, I paid only $8 more. I bought my TE Fight Stick for $135 and bot the game for $35 from Amazon because of the specials it already had and $15 I had in Amazon credit.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#5triple sPosted 10/31/2009 7:55:42 AM
what do u mean when it has a square restrictor plate, also is the joystick very loose for you like you can wiggle it around a lot. thank you.

When you rotate your joystick in a circular motion it will feel like a square. You can usually swap them out for either octagonal(which I have done for mine) or circular gates if you choose.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09