Couple of questions

#1bpx9Posted 3/15/2012 7:29:48 PM
1. Does this game have a lively online community?

2. Is it a good game? Be Honest

3. Will someone who has been playing street fighter mostly have a hard time with Tekken learning curve?

4. Are there any broken chars and or infinites that I need to know about?

GT: G00D M4N
#2EvangelizedPosted 3/16/2012 2:01:12 PM
bpx9 posted...

3. Will someone who has been playing street fighter mostly have a hard time with Tekken learning curve?

1) If by "lively," you mean playing the same three tryhards every other day, then yes. But there is usually always people on.

2) I like it, but steer clear of ranked matches (hell, it even seems player matches lately) if you are a casual player. Game relies too heavily on juggling.

3) Probably. The game is much slower compared to SF, but the characters have tons more moves. Plus, some people have "played for years and haven't mastered the characters."

4) Every character is broken if you know how to juggle and spam like an idiot, which most do. All characters have at least 1 10-hit combo.
---
My name has nothing to do with religion.
Game show guru.
#3bpx9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 7:44:47 PM
What is a tryhard?
#4EvangelizedPosted 3/16/2012 11:28:48 PM
bpx9 posted...
What is a tryhard?

Someone who goes beyond the call of duty toward being an absolute douchebag by being overly relentless and spam ridden, then act as if they are God at the game.
---
Game show guru.
#5xxfolkcorexxPosted 4/2/2012 3:46:21 PM
ignore the guy above. This game is very very tactical and unforgiving. I do not recommend it as a first fighter, i know if you wiff the wrong move on bruce you pretty much die.
---
hnnnnnnnnng
#6EvangelizedPosted 4/4/2012 12:28:17 PM
xxfolkcorexx posted...
ignore the guy above. This game is very very tactical and unforgiving. I do not recommend it as a first fighter, i know if you wiff the wrong move on bruce you pretty much die.

Or, you know, don't? He wanted serious advice for an actual casual player and he got it. Don't like it? Go elsewhere.
---
Game show guru.
#7Solstice_Posted 4/26/2012 6:58:54 PM
Evangelized posted...
Plus, some people have "played for years and haven't mastered the characters.

I know right!! They add 5+ moves to Lei and it's like an entirely new experience....it's like you almost have to re-learn certain techniques.
---
Vagrant Story [Best Game Ever] Currently Playing: Black Ops/Tekken 6/Skyrim ~ Recent Purchase: Odin Sphere $1.00 zero tax Xbox Live ~ Swishermonium
#8getterwingPosted 5/5/2012 4:55:11 AM

--> yes in Asia. I don't know about other parts of the world.

---> be honest, YES. I used to crazy about Capcom's 2D fighters for more than 10 years, then I spent some time in Tekken 5... and Tekken become my favourite fighting game (although I still spent some time on SF4)

---> yes. you will be overwhelmed when you look at the move lists. but I think Tekken really worth the efforts.

---> as a beginner, each and every character are deadly to you. but once you know more and become better, you will apperciate the balance of Tekken 6 BR. NO broken chars. People complain about Sagat in SF4, and Yang/Yung in Super SF4 AE, but there is NO broken chars in Tekken 6 BR (well, there was one broken char in Tekken 4, but that was many years ago)