Do I need to install the first game to play this?

#1Fenix7Posted 3/5/2013 12:12:30 PM
Just got a new pc and don't plan on playing the game. Its installed on my old pc.. do i need to install it on my new pc to run this?
#2sting__artPosted 3/5/2013 3:06:07 PM
Beta was a stand-alone install, i think the final version will be as well.
#3ERLiNoPosted 3/6/2013 1:50:54 AM
I read that if you have the current WoL installed you will only get a small download like 1GB for HoTS. If not you get a very big download/install.
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#4Fenix7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 9:22:38 AM
ERLiNo posted...
I read that if you have the current WoL installed you will only get a small download like 1GB for HoTS. If not you get a very big download/install.

I have the CD... I just don't plan to play WoL again and wanted to save some space on my SSD. :(
#5Lord BladePosted 3/12/2013 10:34:57 AM
This game is basically the first with some new videos and units.

All three will be about the same size as they're using the same core files.
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens
#6gbf1lmPosted 3/12/2013 10:39:38 AM
the installation is no different. by installing heart of the swarm, you'll install WoL as well and visa versa.

they are merged into one game, its just that you are locked out of content depending on your account.
#7Fenix7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 10:59:45 AM
gbf1lm posted...
the installation is no different. by installing heart of the swarm, you'll install WoL as well and visa versa.

they are merged into one game, its just that you are locked out of content depending on your account.

Then what did I just install... I already installed WoL and thought it was installing Heart of the swarm... and now I can't seem to play the campaign in HotS... just give me the option to watch movie.

I have already activated the code... confused...
#8gbf1lmPosted 3/12/2013 12:43:43 PM
what do you see when you click campaign?
#9Fenix7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 12:55:08 PM
gbf1lm posted...

I get teh option of WoL and HotS campaigns. In HotS, it only gives me the option to watch movie and not start the camp :(
#10OldDirtyCRPosted 3/12/2013 1:01:39 PM
Fenix7 posted...
gbf1lm posted...

I get teh option of WoL and HotS campaigns. In HotS, it only gives me the option to watch movie and not start the camp :(

Are you positive your account is connected to HotS? Simply installing the disc isn't going to do that. You need to attach the CD key to your battle.net account and then login to the game with that account
---
Official husband of Skyla.