can HotS, and WoL players play together?

#13starborrisPosted 3/14/2013 2:52:14 PM
is it possible?
#2GjainPosted 3/14/2013 2:57:57 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954721-starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm/65691901
#3sirspankyjncoPosted 3/14/2013 10:02:44 PM
That's right, instead of explaining let's just link him to another topic.

Yes they can, but if you are on HoTS you have to go in and change your expansion level to WoL. once that is done, you can play with people that do not have the expansion.

The only way you can play with the new units and such is if everyone in the same game has the expansion.
---
Ive had both an Xbox 360 and PS3 break, there are no superior consoles, except N64, that was pretty sweet.
#4OldDirtyCRPosted 3/14/2013 10:07:27 PM(edited)
sirspankyjnco posted...

Yes they can, but if you are on HoTS you have to go in and change your expansion level to WoL. once that is done, you can play with people that do not have the expansion.

The only way you can play with the new units and such is if everyone in the same game has the expansion.

That topic explains it perfectly. Why reinvent the wheel? It's not like he said the typical gamefaqs reply of "Lol search u noob". He gave him a link where it specifically states how they can play together, and the limits. Everything you just stated is in that topic.
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#5DarkstaPosted 3/14/2013 11:41:12 PM
Quote:sirspankyjnco posted...

That topic explains it perfectly. Why reinvent the wheel? It's not like he said the typical gamefaqs reply of "Lol search u noob". He gave him a link where it specifically states how they can play together, and the limits. Everything you just stated is in that topic.

@OldDirtyCR

Because in the time it would take someone to open the topic, read the topic to find exactly what he is looking for, open a new game faqs page, search for the previous topic, open said topic, and copy paste, he could have easily said "yes,but you need to change your game version to WoL, as a WoL unit can't play with hotS otherwise".

But then again some people like making life difficult.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#6Veermok09Posted 3/15/2013 1:27:31 AM
Much more time was wasted already in this topic, nevermind my reading it