Bioshock 3, Not Infinite

#1TransdudePosted 7/26/2012 7:19:46 PM
I would have to say that the ending of the first Bioshock was good enough to end the game right there even before they considered it being a series. But, since the release of Bioshock 2, they now need to make an official ending to the Rapture Nightmare. The reason being is that it just seemed like they were planning to do more after the second game. If they do plan on making a Bioshock 3, they should make this game as big as they can.

As far as storyline is concerned, I would really like to see a new antagonist who find Rapture in ruins in 1969. The thing is that he considers Ryan to be something like a god and takes Ryan's beliefs completely out of context. He rebuilds Rapture with more up to date surroundings, somehow comforts the remaining citizens (both splicers and non), and plans on conquering the surface world. Jump ahead to 1977 to the protagonist of the game who was in a car crash two years prior. Since the crash the only thing he remembers from his previous life is a set of coordinates that unknowingly at the time is the location Rapture. Eventually, the protagonist finds Rapture and the ending of the game results in the complete destruction of the city.

Out of curiosity, what do you think of what I would like to happen, or what would you like to see happen.
#2Sk8terMPosted 8/1/2012 5:14:45 PM
that actually sounds like something I would buy in play. I heard they were making the new game about a city in the sky. I seriously hope they don't because that sounds so damn stupid. especially since if they do, we will never know what happens to rapture
---
psn - mirichm, add me with a MSG from Gamefaqs if you want to play gta 4, rdr, BO zombies, skate 3, mass effect 3, mw3, or bf3
#3ElBorak77Posted 8/1/2012 8:22:32 PM
rapture's story is over.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#4ZombiDeadZombiPosted 8/2/2012 5:41:50 PM
Transdude posted...
I would have to say that the ending of the first Bioshock was good enough to end the game right there even before they considered it being a series. But, since the release of Bioshock 2, they now need to make an official ending to the Rapture Nightmare. The reason being is that it just seemed like they were planning to do more after the second game. If they do plan on making a Bioshock 3, they should make this game as big as they can.

As far as storyline is concerned, I would really like to see a new antagonist who find Rapture in ruins in 1969. The thing is that he considers Ryan to be something like a god and takes Ryan's beliefs completely out of context. He rebuilds Rapture with more up to date surroundings, somehow comforts the remaining citizens (both splicers and non), and plans on conquering the surface world. Jump ahead to 1977 to the protagonist of the game who was in a car crash two years prior. Since the crash the only thing he remembers from his previous life is a set of coordinates that unknowingly at the time is the location Rapture. Eventually, the protagonist finds Rapture and the ending of the game results in the complete destruction of the city.

Out of curiosity, what do you think of what I would like to happen, or what would you like to see happen.

Ryan's beliefs were already taken out of context, that is what caused the downfall of Rapture in the first place.

Rapture itself was pretty much destroyed at the ed of the 2nd game anyways, whatever is left would be isolated pockets and the survivors would most likely die off.

Your whole plot for this supposed sequel is just a mishmash of the first and second game.

Rapture's story is over with the conclusion of Minerva's Den.
#5Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 8:17:36 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
Ryan's beliefs were already taken out of context, that is what caused the downfall of Rapture in the first place.

Rapture itself was pretty much destroyed at the end of the 2nd game anyways, whatever is left would be isolated pockets and the survivors would most likely die off.

Your whole plot for this supposed sequel is just a mishmash of the first and second game.

Rapture's story is over with the conclusion of Minerva's Den.

Actually Ryan's beliefs failed when he started getting paranoid about the surface finding out about Rapture. Add Fontane's business and Sofia Lamb spreading her beliefs and that is what lead to the downfall.

Also Minerva's Den didn't really make a conclusion. All it did was intend the decent into Rapture a 3rd time to end the nightmare.
#6ZombiDeadZombiPosted 8/3/2012 9:55:56 PM
Uh no, Rapture fell because of the extremes Ryan's beliefs were taken to.

It was taken to the point of the discovery of ADAM, which led to the point of everyone needing it, to a civil war between the upper class and lower class over ADAM.

There is a lot more than that, but that is the basics, all of which were because of Ryan's beliefs being taken out of context and to the extreme.

Also, Minerva's Den IS a conclusion, as Sigma destroyed the thinker, which was needed to run everything in Rapture. Without the Thinker, there is not going to be a Rapture left.

It was one last sad story that finally finished Rapture.
#7Wild_ChocoboPosted 8/4/2012 1:58:21 PM
I suggest reading Bioshock: Rapture. I'm about 3/4 through it and it shows the rise and fall of Rapture leading up to Bioshock.
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#8tetrimPosted 8/13/2012 11:30:32 AM
If they do make another Bioshock, it would most likely take place before Rapture turned to hell.
---
Youtube: SuperSolidSteak
PSN: xACCC95x (Call me tetrim)