Can you unlock STAG armor?

#1LeonPliskenPosted 11/16/2011 7:04:57 PM
Hey, look, I know this has probably been asked, I'm stuck at work unable to enjoy Saints Row The Third.

Can you unlock STAG armor? And can you unlock Luchadore style clothing? Just a simple yes or no will suffice. I really want some military clothing, I already got the gear from Lets Pretend.
---
Sandbox Zombie game with RPG elements and heavy character customization and equipment farming set in modern day. My ideal game.
#2MadGear1986Posted 11/16/2011 7:09:26 PM
Yes.
The STAG armor is unlockable.
#3LeonPlisken(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 7:13:53 PM
Gratzi!
---
Sandbox Zombie game with RPG elements and heavy character customization and equipment farming set in modern day. My ideal game.
#4RoughneckRicoPosted 11/18/2011 10:22:42 PM

Hold on now, the answer IS yes. But...
Towards the end of the game, there is a choice to either save a particular homie or go after a villain, if you go after the villain, you'll have another mission to complete and THEN you'll unlock the STAG elite armor.

But if you rescue your homie you unlock the space suit instead.
Which you can mess around with the colors on it.

If you go ahead and go after said villain, said homie does not get rescued, you do not get the space suit, instead you get the Elite STAG armor which you cannot change the colors on.

However, regardless of which path you choose, you are given a standing option to go back and replay the mission to see the alternate ending.
I'm not sure if replaying the mission and taking the other route will unlock it.
I reccomend creating another save at that junction, or otherwise you might have to do another playthrough.
If you wanna keep your current character in the 2nd playthrough, upload it to the saints row website, start a new game, and then on the website make sure you've put your character in your download queue, then download him after the back robbery when you get to the IAD screen.
Also, cheat codes go a long way towards shortening the time it takes to get to the end.
Good luck!

#5RyozoPosted 11/19/2011 12:53:16 AM
RoughneckRico posted...
.If you wanna keep your current character in the 2nd playthrough...

Actually, there's something akin to SR2's 'FUZZ glitch' that'll make your day. Here's what you do...

1: upload your current character
2: download a character wearing STAG armor[1]
3: save the current appearance as an outfit
4: re-download your original character
5: put on new outfit
6: Profit!

===
[1]
-http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189308844119684 (without helmet)
-http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189308844116196 (with helmet)
---
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
#6RoughneckRicoPosted 11/19/2011 8:13:59 AM

Thats so clever!
I think I'll do that.
Thanks!

#7ZeroJinKuiPosted 11/19/2011 8:32:36 AM
so... let a friend die and get a badass suit of armor that will serve no purpose since you just completed the final mission in the game...

...or save your friend and get a stupid outfit that also serves no purpose since you completed the final mission in the game.

wow, such great choices.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#8Jax789Posted 11/19/2011 9:35:38 AM
Those links don't work for me, just get a 404 message.
#9DDR MidianPosted 11/19/2011 11:49:14 AM

so... let a friend die and get a badass suit of armor that will serve no purpose since you just completed the final mission in the game...

...or save your friend and get a stupid outfit that also serves no purpose since you completed the final mission in the game.

wow, such great choices.

Well somebody doesn't "get" sandbox games.
---
GFAQs - Where anything is grounds for moderation, courtesy of selective wordplay.
XBL: DDR Midian / PSN: MidianGTX
#10RoughneckRicoPosted 11/19/2011 4:55:28 PM

I think personally the Stag armor, the Elite one, looks kinda lame once you get it.

If you get the space suit, make the primary color black, the secondary a dark grey, put on some black aviators, a black or grey pair or headphones, that bandana from planet saints (also black) and voila...
you look like some kinda stealth super soldier.
Anyway... thats what I did. :)