Tips on doing Insurance Fraud?

#11WadeDeadpoolPosted 11/20/2011 10:46:46 AM
One main problem a lot of people have is the traffic jams. This is usually caused by people staying in the highlighted bonus zone. I used to have the same problem, but if you run from one to another, running full speed head long into oncoming traffic as you do so, ragdolling JUST before you get hit by a vehicle, you can beat most challenges somewhat easily. Hope this helps.
#12BVMattPosted 11/20/2011 11:59:13 AM
I always hit R1 or L1 so my character falls into a street RIGHT before a speeding car goes by. Usually the car runs directly over me and drags me around for a few seconds. I tend to average around $12,000 per car that way.

Yesterday I lucked out on one of them by having a bunch of cars do this to me in a row. Then the last one launched me into the air while adrenaline was activated and I was able to bounce on two more cars and then a streetlight. I got about $140,000 from that chain alone.
#13vivalatourPosted 11/21/2011 12:20:19 AM

it's a bummer activity , in SR2 you could get a fight going between a bunch of people

and when the cops zoomed up you could dive in front of them , I have not tried this

here yet , I think i'll do it laaaaaaast > > ?

#14PsychoD_BoyPosted 11/21/2011 3:50:08 AM
Run at a moving car and jump. As soon as your feet leave the ground press R1 & L1. If you timed it right you should get thrown into the air and you can control your body in midair. Now just bounce off of cars and your good to go.
---
When all else fails, play dead.
#15PhilR1Posted 11/21/2011 3:55:12 AM
I'm really struggling with this activity too. I can do the easy & medium difficulty activities fine but it is the hard difficulty I really struggle with. I can barely get to $300,000, never mind $450,000

What do you do if there are no cars coming towards? What is the best way to use the adrenaline? I do go to the freeways but no luck. Am hoping someone posts a video on youtube so I can see how it is done.

One tip I can give people, and it works for other activities too. If you have still got adrenaline left after the timer has run out, the activity will continue until the adrenaline has run out giving you more time. This also works for tank mayhem as well if you have a combo still going. Only completed one normal mayhem so far so not sure if it works for that but it probably would do.
---
Currently playing Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Saints Row The Third & Mercenaries 2 (PS2). Getting Assassin's Creed Revelations next
#16hamfastPosted 11/21/2011 4:17:52 AM
to be honest i just stuck to the general area i started the activities in and ignored the bonus areas as well as taking the time to get to a free way. I always avoided staying directly in the intersections since cars starting up from a red light aren't moving fast enough to be worth a lot. If you get a traffic jam, move to another close by street or just move past it so oncoming cars still hit you before they hit the jam and you can bounce into the stuck cars for bonus points. keep an eye out for dump trucks since they're worth a high base hit because they're government vehicles as well as how massive they are (I've gotten 20k+ on just the initial hit from a fast moving dump truck). Other then that timing the ragdoll and/or jump to right before you get hit is essential to getting extra cash from flying and bonuses from hitting multiple cars during the same hit (can even be parked cars), though get pulled under and dragged is a nice bonus to especially if there's another car behind the first to hit you again.
#17PhilR1Posted 11/22/2011 3:09:11 AM
hamfast posted...
to be honest i just stuck to the general area i started the activities in and ignored the bonus areas as well as taking the time to get to a free way. I always avoided staying directly in the intersections since cars starting up from a red light aren't moving fast enough to be worth a lot. If you get a traffic jam, move to another close by street or just move past it so oncoming cars still hit you before they hit the jam and you can bounce into the stuck cars for bonus points. keep an eye out for dump trucks since they're worth a high base hit because they're government vehicles as well as how massive they are (I've gotten 20k+ on just the initial hit from a fast moving dump truck). Other then that timing the ragdoll and/or jump to right before you get hit is essential to getting extra cash from flying and bonuses from hitting multiple cars during the same hit (can even be parked cars), though get pulled under and dragged is a nice bonus to especially if there's another car behind the first to hit you again.

That is great advice Hamfast, thank you very much! I'll give that a go next time I try it out! I can complete all the other activities really easy and only have the hard insurance fraud left.
---
Currently playing Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Saints Row The Third & Mercenaries 2 (PS2). Getting Assassin's Creed Revelations next