Man-a-pult, Octopus gun, Shark gun...

#1skp_16Posted 11/21/2011 2:45:20 PM

Are those weapon only from pre-order bonuses?

#2xevilmickx2Posted 11/21/2011 2:48:18 PM
the shark gun is from DLC, but the other two are from preorder or platinum pack only, yes
---
PSN: xEVILMICKx
#3skp_16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 2:52:08 PM

Crap! These 3 weapons are one of the reasons why I got this game. I saw the man-a-pult and octo gun in one gameplay video and the narrator never mentioned that its a pre-order bonus.

#4MajorRagePosted 11/21/2011 3:24:12 PM
It might be available as dlc somewhere down the line..... It seems I'm always seeing "exclusive" preorder items being available later on...
I have to admit, the genki items made some things really easy early on....
#5SalvatorePosted 11/21/2011 5:22:16 PM
Total biscuit?

The game's awesome enough without them, there's plenty of other silliness. It's quite cynical to have pre-order bonuses like that, imo.
---
I am the man who arranges the blocks that descend upon me from up above
They come down and I spin them around and they fit in the ground like hand in glove
#6glenn3ePosted 11/21/2011 6:21:39 PM
I don't think you're using the word 'cynical' right.
#7SalvatorePosted 11/21/2011 7:06:51 PM
It's content which is developed at the same time as the game itself, ready on release day, yet only released to those who happen to pre-order it at a particular outlet or pay extra after buying the game. Seems pretty cynical to me. That said, it's probably the only gripe I have with the game at this point.
---
I am the man who arranges the blocks that descend upon me from up above
They come down and I spin them around and they fit in the ground like hand in glove
#8Sir-ExPosted 11/21/2011 7:59:19 PM
You're getting the meaning of cynicism wrong.
---
Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam
#9NafzgerPosted 11/21/2011 10:07:13 PM
That isn't what cynical means.
---
PSN: ArsenalOfGlory
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#10jrush2011Posted 11/22/2011 1:24:15 AM
skp_16 posted...
Crap! These 3 weapons are one of the reasons why I got this game. I saw the man-a-pult and octo gun in one gameplay video and the narrator never mentioned that its a pre-order bonus.

It's been one hell of a ride, hasn't it?

During the PowerPoint sales presentation of Saints Row The Third leading up to release, Volition marketed content intended to be part of the game which included a number of items: Professor Genkiís Super Ballistic Man-a-pult, Professor Genkiís "Octopuss" Cannon, Professor Genki's Leisure Stunt Suit. But somethin' changed the minute that I got a whiff of it. I started to inhale it, smell it, started sniffin' it and it became evident.

A lie, whether it be a lie or an exaggeration, is disrespect to whoever youíre exaggerating or lying to, because itís not respecting reality. The reason that Volition lies so much is not because they are pathological liars (or at least not just because they are pathological liars), it is because we expect too much of them. We expect them to be honest.

"Obviously this is the most important cause ever, so don't delay!"
http://www.destructoid.com/demand-to-have-a-fart-in-a-jar-added-to-saints-row-3-196564.phtml
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108555-Volition-Asks-Saints-Row-Fans-to-Prove-Fart-In-A-Jar-Desire.

"Lol this is going to be the best game if this weapon is in the game"
"this is the best petition ever"
"Look out, Duke Nukem, looks like you got some competition for game of the forever."
"Obviously this takes precedence over everything else."
"Seems like a shameless attention grab, but its fart in a jar so i can do nothing but approve :D"
"I will finally create a twitter account just to vote for this. There will be farts in jars, the people will have spoken."

Close your eyes, make a wish, and blow out the candle...

So this is it, this is what you wished for?

Just isn't how you envisioned it?

Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it.

I said, be careful what you wish for Cause you just might get it!...
---
BigWorldJust @ bluehat94 11/12/2011 8:37:18 PM "Lol, you know more than me and I beat the game :P." TROLL!! OWNED!