Is there a way to get the third prototype? (Spoilers)

#1DaKillrPosted 12/20/2011 2:05:44 PM
In the mission where you are Cyrus Temple, you get to choose 2 out of 3 prototypes, a bike, a satchel weapon and an upgraded tank, is it possible to get the 1 you didn't choose once you've completed the game or not?
---
"I dreamt I was a moron" Squall, Final Fantasy VIII
#2theknot7Posted 12/20/2011 2:51:23 PM
choose the bike and the satchel weapon, im pretty sure you get the prototype tank as a reward for the mission
---
Colonel Knot Of The Royal Anubis Guard Serving Lord Grand High Evo And Overlord Astute.
if your not scared you aint riding fast enough!! PSN- CBRmanie
#3darkknight338Posted 12/20/2011 3:14:17 PM
Unless you use the givesatchel cheat, then no.

By the way, the tank that theknot7 mentions is not the prototype tank but a regular tank. Also, that tank is given after you complete the mission that fallows after the "My Name is Cyrus Temple" mission.
---
PSN: darkknight338
Currently Playing: SRTT and Forza 4
#4theknot7Posted 12/20/2011 3:40:29 PM
actualy you get several tanks trough out the game

*SPOILERS*

you get a digital tank square blocky looking one, a prototype and a 2nd prototype and the commanders tanks
---
Colonel Knot Of The Royal Anubis Guard Serving Lord Grand High Evo And Overlord Astute.
if your not scared you aint riding fast enough!! PSN- CBRmanie
#5darkknight338Posted 12/20/2011 4:59:49 PM
@ theknot, you are wrong again about the prototypes. There is only one prototype tank (Black STAG Tank).

So if you opt out of the prototype Crusader (Black STAG Tank), will never be available for you to have one. Unless someone finds a way to do a vehicle transfer glitch like in SR2.
---
PSN: darkknight338
Currently Playing: SRTT and Forza 4
#6aureliano17Posted 12/21/2011 11:52:13 AM
darkknight is right. The ONLY way we currently have of obtaining a prototype Crusader is by selecting it at the R&D console.

You can give yourself satchels or the Specter bike with cheats after you obtain your platinum.

Of course, satchel charges suck. You get to carry either the RPG launcher or the charges. Why would anybody choose the charges?
#7Adrien LightPosted 12/21/2011 1:59:34 PM
If you got the Genki Launcher, you got a super projectile version of the satchel charges that turn enemies into friendlies while waiting to be blown up.
---
One word: Spaseships
#8JKiiiPosted 12/22/2011 12:13:53 AM
I've heard somewhere of a glitch that you can tak a co-op players vehicle and store it as your own.
If it does exist you could join someone who has one, ask them to take it out, do the glitch and keep it.

Or you could wait till the DLC that gives you all rewards you didn't pick comes out.
---
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree
#9Azuma_NarooNPosted 12/22/2011 5:15:40 PM
Yeah I hate how it's not possible to get all three. I stupidly didn't get the bike, but in my defense I thought there would be a way to get a bike since the game is supposedly so open-ended, but I was wrong lol.

In SR2, you could get a partner's vehicle by having them join you, they take it out and park it somewhere, then they disconnect and you get it and could store it as a normal vehicle. I'll try it later and see if that works.

Also; I was doing co-op last night with a buddy, and he chose the bike and satchels. I thought since he was the host, maybe I'd get the bike as well but it didn't give me anything but money for beating the mission. Oh well.
---
LOLFAQs, where anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
Next purchase(s): SSX, Counter-Strike: GO
#10WISHAMFWULDPosted 12/22/2011 9:54:07 PM
theknot7 posted...
choose the bike and the satchel weapon, im pretty sure you get the prototype tank as a reward for the mission

actually you don't get the "black tank", unless you activate it on the mission(but the white tank is just the same as the black), but choosing the prototype tank and bike should be obvious as the satchel charge is just a c4 bomb and detonator, not worth it because you'll never need it, you have grenades and a rocket launcher, the hell would you need c4 for?....
---
Where I'm from we don't HOPE something pops off, we WISH.. Wish a Mother****** Would start some ****.