can I add songs from my ps3 to SR3?

#1Emi3280Posted 1/1/2012 6:56:45 PM
can I?
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
#2MastherBeBadPosted 1/1/2012 8:59:40 PM
Unfortunately you can't.
---
"88 is more than just a number". - Alessandro A.
#3BulletaPosted 1/1/2012 10:09:56 PM
Sony has a pretty strict segregation policy. This one time a music file got caught drinking from a games-only fountain and got into some serious trouble. It's best to keep the two separate to prevent WHY THE HELL ARE THERE NO GAMES THAT LET YOU DO THIS!?
---
"Is it tasty?"
#4WISHAMFWULDPosted 1/2/2012 7:45:31 AM
Umm what games actually allow you to add personal music to be listened to while playing the game????

I'd ****in LOVE if they allowed this for any game that has music(which alot are whack) it'll be nice to be able to listen to your own music, even police it so you can't share what music you add to your system(to prevent prevent whining from anti-pirating companies)
---
Warning new Gamefaqs members, This is a 90% troll site, most just whine about the most irrelevant things in ANY game to get attention
#5MastherBeBadPosted 1/2/2012 9:37:30 AM
WISHAMFWULD posted...
Umm what games actually allow you to add personal music to be listened to while playing the game????

I'd ****in LOVE if they allowed this for any game that has music(which alot are whack) it'll be nice to be able to listen to your own music, even police it so you can't share what music you add to your system(to prevent prevent whining from anti-pirating companies)

Burnout Paradise and Killzone 2, in these games you can put your own music to listen to.
---
"88 is more than just a number". - Alessandro A.
#6Gear_MaggotPosted 1/2/2012 9:40:08 AM
Games I've played that let you put your own music are little big plabet, fifa, MvC2, gran turismo 5,
---
twitter: Gear_Maggot
#7sk8erdude106Posted 1/2/2012 10:16:46 AM
WISHAMFWULD posted...

red dead redemption
---
A7X foREVer
#8BulletaPosted 1/2/2012 11:54:40 AM
sk8erdude106 posted...
red dead redemption

Mister, you just sold me on this game.
---
"Is it tasty?"
#9darkknight338Posted 1/2/2012 5:35:35 PM
In SR1 (xbox 360 exclusive) you could play your own music that was stored on the HDD. IIRC, SR1 had a music player that allow you play your music while your walking around.

This ability was not incorporated on SR2. Which is very disappointing because both the XBOX and PS3 support the ability to play music stored on your HDD while playing a game. Shoot, Bad Company 2 even supports playing music from your HDD.

Its clear that Volition is just getting lazy and doesn't want to bother with allowing us to use our own music. If you take in consideration how much money it costs for music licenses, you would think that Volition would have realized by now how much cheaper it would be for them to simply pay for only the music that is tied to a particular mission or cut scene, and simply allow their users to play their music from their HDD like in SR1.
---
PSN: darkknight338
Currently Playing: SRTT and Forza 4
#10aureliano17Posted 1/2/2012 5:42:38 PM(edited)
You can't play your own music because of Sony's restrictions, not Volition's laziness.

But yeah, the MP3 player was neat and there is no reason to not have one if it's playing the game's own licensed music.