Mr. Genki...?

#1SiLenTWarrior29Posted 1/12/2012 10:42:00 AM

How the hell do you find this dude...? I dont know if its been posted already but I heard you can find him on the streets and he puts up a good fight but Ive been searching everywhere and still cant find him? any clues

#2cminusPosted 1/12/2012 11:26:11 AM(edited)
After about 50 hours I've seen him three times. He's totally random and has a 1 in 100 chance of spawning (according to Volition's community manager).

As far as I know, there's no way to trigger him. The best way to find him is probably just to drive around slowly for awhile (one of the times I saw him as I flew past and when I turned around he was gone), maybe in something like a Knoxville or Widowmaker. He'll pop eventually. He can take a ton of damage and sometimes (maybe always?) he'll have a rocket launcher. So always be prepared (and upgraded) or be ready to spend 5+ minutes sack tapping him and kicking him while he's on the ground.

If you ever see him, even mid-mission, I'd suggest stopping because he's pretty rare and drops a good amount of cash. Most people report he drops 300k, the one time I beat him I got 100k, and I've seen some say he'll drop as much as 900k.
#3alexnaderPosted 1/13/2012 4:40:56 AM
When you do finally meet Professor Genki you'll realise that it's a "she", not a "he".
---
BF3 rocks; MW3 is so bad; Skyrim soon !
-PSN-alexnader -XLGT-iEat42 -MW2-[1B4U]alexnader -MGO-Jesus H. Christ
#4Mega_SkrullPosted 1/13/2012 5:10:59 AM
@alexnader
Mine sounded like a he. Genki is probably a random npc with the disguise and crazy stats
---
Reading jokes about taking arrows to the knee almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter. Mudcrabs.
#5alexnaderPosted 1/13/2012 5:40:21 AM
makes sense.
---
BF3 rocks; MW3 is so bad; Skyrim soon !
-PSN-alexnader -XLGT-iEat42 -MW2-[1B4U]alexnader -MGO-Jesus H. Christ
#6leetrevor81Posted 1/13/2012 6:32:06 AM

I found genki and beat her up till she was laying then beat on her over and over and got no money. I read someone say she drops money? In that case maybe I didn't see it drop and missed it? Or should I have continued to beat her corpse till there was a notification telling me I did it?

#7CMattGrayPosted 1/13/2012 8:46:09 AM
I think Shaundi dated Dr. Genki. Look at the first crib you get (Shaundi's Ex's) and now compare it to the Genki scene when your game is loading. Very similiar.
#8cminusPosted 1/13/2012 9:22:02 AM
alexnader posted...
When you do finally meet Professor Genki you'll realise that it's a "she", not a "he".

Really? Other than being pink I didn't notice anything that tipped Genki's gender one way or the other. I actually thought s/he was supposed to be androgynous.
#9Outer_RavenPosted 1/13/2012 10:29:15 AM

I got lucky and he spawned right next to me after I finished an activity. But for some reason he was using a stun gun instead of a rocket launcher... weird. I got 100k after beating the crap out of him with my sword.

#10SpaycGPosted 1/13/2012 12:51:41 PM
I was lucky as well and he spawned near the first crib. He had no weapon but would just run into me. Took forever to kill him/her but I got $300k.
It did take a long time for the $ notification to pop up.
Best part, I hadn't even completed the first Guardian Angel mission yet so pretty early game I assume.
---
I don't know where the sun beams end and the star lights begin, it's all a mystery.