Okay... what am I missing? (vehicle theft mission)

#1Rasputin77Posted 2/8/2012 3:31:50 PM
It's the second vehicle theft mission of the entire game. I'm to steal a Shark (waverunner) at the East docks of the Eastern-most island.

I hop on, and immediately get a LV2 wanted notice. The following happens:

1. The GPS draws me a return route to the shop (on the Western-most island) using the streets of the city. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's wrong, so I stick to the water.

2. As I go around the islands, 2 water vehicles chase me - cop Sharks, and giant, missile-shooting boats. I can get away for a while, but since I really have no corners to escape behind (open water), I get a missile in the ass every time. Stop and hijack the missile-shooter? Here comes another missile-shooter right behind it. Take out that missile-shooter? What do you know!... here comes another one. =(

Please... what am I missing? I'm fairly certain my 2nd vehicle theft isn't supposed to be this difficult.
---
In fighting games, you use moves over and over again. Apparently, "spam" is using moves over and over again.
... Feel smarter yet?
#2Myles98Posted 2/8/2012 4:41:56 PM
If you have mayors favour or police forgiveness, use them because the police will back off a bit.

Don't worry about the missiles because boats are usually quite tough and the shark is a lot faster than the other boats.
#3Rasputin77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2012 9:10:50 PM
Thanks hoss. I'll level up a bit and try it again later.
---
In fighting games, you use moves over and over again. Apparently, "spam" is using moves over and over again.
... Feel smarter yet?
#4Dum0King23Posted 2/8/2012 9:22:49 PM
had the gps problem every time i tried it...fully leveled everything...the favor worked at getting the cops to back off but my gps f'd off every time and i had no idea where i was taking it