Saints Row 3 gets character creation 'Initiation Station'

#1dreamtheater33Posted 5/6/2011 10:00:28 AM
Early access for Red Faction: Armageddon pre-orders
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/300343/news/saints-row-3-gets-character-creation-initiation-station/

THQ has announced new creation features for Saints Row 3 (officially titled Saints Row: The Third) which makes sharing your zany concoctions easier.

The 'Initiation Station' will be available for free across Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, and will be available in advance of the release of Saints Row: The Third for those pre-order Red Faction: Armageddon.

"The days of copying down over 150 customization values just to share your creativity with others is no more," says THQ.

"The Initiation Station for Saints Row: The Third will allow you to create your own custom character in-game, upload it right here to the community site, and then have other members download your character straight to their system for use in their own game!"

THQ put out a load of Saints Row: The Third screenshots last month showing the kind of over the top things you'd expect in Volition's world. Use them for inspiration if you want.
#2FloyminPosted 5/6/2011 10:09:06 AM
Radical! (oops, I just dated myself, lol)

I always hated myself for trying to recreate a CC model somebody posted and getting it wrong.
---
Has anybody seen my mind? I seem to have lost it.
#3Mr FlibblePosted 5/6/2011 10:18:35 AM
It'd be nice to be able to put other peoples characters in as peds or members of your gang.
---
streets of rage remake - out now - cost - FREE!
www.bombergames.net
#4CandiMan88Posted 5/6/2011 10:42:26 AM
Woah, what does this mean, they're putting out the entire creation system early for us to make our characters with?
---
GT: iLuvBlackGirlz
#5selcoPosted 5/6/2011 11:13:44 AM
I checked the Saints Row website for info about this and I'm a little confused about it here is the part that did it:

"The Initiation Station will be available for free across Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC in advance of the release of Saints Row: The Third this holiday season. The key to the offer above is to pre-order Volition's other title, Red Faction: Armageddon, since only early purchasers of Red Faction: Armageddon will gain this special access. An included voucher will allow you into the Initiation Station one full week ahead of everyone else to start creating your own custom characters."

so what there saying is that the only way to gain access to The Initiation Station is to pre-order Red Faction:Armageddon and we get a code to use it, or that the code will give us access to it early so then in that case every one gets it for free eventually?
#6AP15Posted 5/6/2011 11:19:13 AM
it just means those who buy RFA will have access to it a week earlier than everyone else. i'm just gonna go ahead and wait the week instead of dropping 60 bones on a game i could care less about.
#7selcoPosted 5/6/2011 11:26:31 AM
Awesome thanks for the clear up there, also i couldn't find a date for when the Initiation Station will be available do we know that yet?
#8AP15Posted 5/6/2011 10:22:40 PM
no, im gonna assume we'll get a release date for the game itself next month at e3
#9Happy_RobotPosted 5/8/2011 7:31:45 PM
Is there one for O Dog that you can use in saints row 2. I can't find one.
---
D:
#10ObsidianSniper1Posted 5/9/2011 8:10:32 AM
Nice, sounds like the SDVR community creations.