GPS Shortcut Map (work in progress)

#1LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 12/30/2011 6:32:29 PM(edited)
Since it doesn't seem like anyone else is working on one, I'm making a GPS shortcut map. The purpose of this topic is that I've found only 232 of the 263 shortcuts, and am hoping others can help with the last few.

Here's my map so far:
http://www.evermoreforums.com/johnny/info/sr3_gpsmap.jpg

Some notes: Most "blocks" of city with shortcuts add most or all when you first enter the alleyway(s) that the shortcuts encompass. This is why many alleys have 4+ dots throughout them. I plan to change this to be more presentable, as seen with the big white circle with "19" in the southwest. That alley does, indeed, have a massive 19 shortcuts spread over about 4 different entrances.

If it's not obvious, each green dot represents one shortcut (of which there are 263). So an alley with 6 dots means it will add 6 to your total GPS shortcuts found, even though it map seem like just one shortcut.

I tried to group shortcuts as close to entrances as possible. For example, the two groups of 6 shortcuts along the railway in The Grove have two entrances: one to the east, one to the west. Each entrance is a "trigger zone" which counts as 3 shortcuts. You have to thus pass by each entrance to get all 6 counted.

Others, however, such as the group of 10 on the south end of the eastern island, are given all at once, and in the case of that specific location, the trigger zone is in the middle of the alleyway (trigger zones are usually the entrances to the alleys).

If anyone finds shortcuts not on the map, let me know ASAP!

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#2VividAxisPosted 12/30/2011 6:39:50 PM
Outstanding cartographic detail. Want to compile our maps into one?
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6792/sr3communitymapfullb4.jpg
#3LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 12/30/2011 6:49:13 PM
Not at the moment. I wanna finish my shortcuts map. I don't think it'd be a good idea to pile everything onto one map anyways, it'd be too cluttered, especially with how difficult it'll be to properly represent the shortcuts on the final product.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#4LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 12/30/2011 7:13:00 PM
Updated the map, now showing 240 of the 263 shortcuts. I discovered a cluster of 8 along the east-west train tracks in the eastern sliver of Yearwood.
---
Lost, but not forgotten.
#5FlamingBlurPosted 12/30/2011 7:34:53 PM
Wow, how convenient. This is exactly what I was looking for.
---
PSN: UnbelievaBlur
GT: ImpossiBlur
#6LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 12/30/2011 8:17:18 PM
Up to 244 of 263 now. Less than 20 left!
---
Lost, but not forgotten.
#7WaterGod469Posted 12/30/2011 9:46:52 PM
Thanks for this!
---
Follow me on twitter :) twitter.com/DragonKingOnaga
#8LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 12/31/2011 2:59:29 AM
247 and counting. One new alleyway (I forget where), and another one around the train tracks in the west of Yearwood (near the west of the island altogether).
---
Lost, but not forgotten.
#9LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 12/31/2011 4:48:56 AM
Ok, I've searched everywhere I can possibly think of, and cannot find any more. If others can help find the last 16 shortcuts, I can submit the map so everyone has easy access to it.

Especially for those at the end of the game, because maybe some story missions open up new shortcuts (although I don't know if that actually happens).

Any help finding the last shortcuts will be greatly appreciated!
---
Lost, but not forgotten.
#10LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 1/1/2012 3:36:06 AM
Somehow managed to get it up to 251! Two new shortcuts in Luchadorland: One near the church, and one near a gas station.
---
Lost, but not forgotten.