What happend.to.dex

#1mavrick_19Posted 4/11/2012 1:24:52 AM
So what happend to.dex. I iknow he turned bad and the saints went after him. But how long timeline waa in betwen sr2 and sr3. I figured if the saints took over ultor and dex.worked for ultor that they could easily find him.
---
xbox live gamer tag: Maverick1985
#2WozzaBoiPosted 4/12/2012 8:50:01 AM

im pretty sure Dex ran at the end of the SR2 DLC and the Boss was like "we will find him!!!" . . .

then Volition just seemed to give up on story and cut all ties to the previous games and prevented the thing that all fans wanted - killing Dex

#3HDCasePosted 4/12/2012 1:50:46 PM
Volition forgot
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#4JiruruPosted 4/12/2012 2:01:57 PM
They didn't want to alienate players who didn't purchase the SR2 DLC2 by having plot elements they wouldn't understand. Because you know, in the modern age it's very difficult to look up what happened in a video game's plot. But seriously, between "alienate people who didn't play the DLC" and "totally abandon established storyline" I have no idea why the latter was the lesser of two evils.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#5razyman2000Posted 4/14/2012 3:05:33 AM
Yeah SR3 had NOTHING to do with the other games.

Seriously guys? Is this a joke? Not having one boring plot point means they abandoned everything?
#6mavrick_19(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 7:11:44 AM
Dexs charachter could be the ultimate threat to the saints since he was one
. He could make the ultimate anti saints gang
---
xbox live gamer tag: Maverick1985
#7PFiction24Posted 4/14/2012 7:47:35 AM
He was supposed to in in a XBL spin-off called Saint's Row: Money Shot.

Money Shot was canceled and Saint's Row 3 budget was cut due to Red Faction Armageddon bombing.
---
"Who's flying this thing? Oh yea, that would be me."
#8razyman2000Posted 4/15/2012 2:25:04 AM
mavrick_19 posted...
Dexs charachter could be the ultimate threat to the saints since he was one
. He could make the ultimate anti saints gang

I don't get it, how?
Are there trade secrets only saints know that could destroy them?
Are the saints a shadow society that rely on secrecy?
Are saints given superpowers when they join?

How does being a former saint make you more dangerous? It seems like everyone already knows where all their hideouts and businesses are.
#9SILKAPosted 4/16/2012 7:07:49 AM
Actually I think the alienating people who didn't play Saints Row 1 and 2 is not the real reason being the past games was referenced quite a bit in the game.

The Protagonist references Lyn once.
Viola references the events in one mission saying "After being in a coma and losing three friends, you still haven't learned."
Cyrus references a mission from Saints Row 2.
Kia even mentions Lyn and Carlos by name.
---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#10JiruruPosted 4/16/2012 7:37:50 AM
SILKA posted...
Actually I think the alienating people who didn't play Saints Row 1 and 2 is not the real reason being the past games was referenced quite a bit in the game.

The Protagonist references Lyn once.
Viola references the events in one mission saying "After being in a coma and losing three friends, you still haven't learned."
Cyrus references a mission from Saints Row 2.
Kia even mentions Lyn and Carlos by name.

That's why I mentioned the DLC specifically, not SR2 in general.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"