Full Package DLC question

#11ShapedByFatePosted 11/28/2012 2:50:59 PM(edited)
ShapedByFate posted...
So basically, the DLC disc installs all DLC except for the Online Pass?

And if you try to re-download the online pass, it messes up the rights for the DLC listed earlier in the topic?

I can confirm this.

If you install the DLC disk a second time (after redeeming the online pass) you gain access to everything bar Blood Suckers and Unlockable Pack. It then doesn't allow you to play online and claims that you need the Online Pass even though it has a download confirmation next to it. If you try and download the Online Pass, you then lose everything bar Horror, Genki Girl, Penthouse, Steelport Gangs, Witches & Wieners, Season Pass, Online Pass, Genkibowl VII, Gangstas In Space and The Trouble With Clones packs.

Edit: Take a look at this for those with the same problem: http://support.thq.com/entries/22355357-saint-s-row-the-third-full-package-xbox-360-notice

I have yet to test it. But it seems if you have bought (or redeemed) the online pass code, or certain other DLC's in the past, it actually prevents some of the DLC from fully installing. The link provided is meant to be a work around.

Thanks for the info and the link. I'm betting this is a result of all of the "unlock code" DLC being combined into one big file, instead of each being its own file. The rights are screwed up when downloads from multiple sources try to overwrite the same file. A ridiculous problem caused by their poorly-planned DLC system.

No problem. Just to add, I can also confirm the work around DOES work. Me and a friend both tried the method (he used a memory card) and we both now have the majority of the DLC with no issue getting onto co-op. Hope this helps people in the future.
#12z0mbin3_81Posted 11/28/2012 3:56:47 PM(edited)
So I have to re-download the online a third time, move the first to a stick and redownload everything including a second copy of first to the hard drive?

Do I need to keep the stick in the box forever?
---
"Quality games, like Call of Duty" -LTJpunk
#13LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 11/28/2012 6:53:34 PM
z0mbin3_81 posted...
So I have to re-download the online a third time, move the first to a stick and redownload everything including a second copy of first to the hard drive?

Do I need to keep the stick in the box forever?

Probably. The issue seems to stem form the fact that all DLC except the three episodes exist as the same file. If you move it back, it'll try to replace the DLC from the disc, so it sounds like you do indeed need to have the online pass on a different device perpetually.

Or you could install the DLC disc under a different gamertag, since that will create a separate file. It'll be in that gamertag's name, but it should still function properly for all gamertags on that console. And it won't combine DLC across gamertags.

In fact, try that, if you can. I'd be very curious to see if that will work, and since the DLC is on a disc, there's no loss if you install it under a different gamertag, even one you just made. No stick needed.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#14ShapedByFatePosted 11/29/2012 3:48:51 AM
@ z0mbin3: I am not sure about re-downloading Online Pass, but it shouldn't take long if you go to account>download history on the xbox 360, or from the Downloadable Content menu on the actual game. You could try just moving the file "Saints Row: The Third - The First..." to an USB stick or memory card, then run the DLC disk and let it install all 4(including the first) DLC packs. This is what I did and it worked (same for my friend).

You will have to keep your USB stick in while you play SRTT:TFP DLC. You can remove the USB once you come off the game, but you will then have to remember to insert it again every time you boot up the game.

@Lancet: I am not too certain the Gamertag idea would provide the same workaround. My current situation was that I recently started a brand new Gamertag. However all my original DLC from when SR:TT first ever released was still installed on my main account. That included both Online Pass + Funtime! Pack, which both came with the game brand new last Nov. Yet when I fired up SRTT:TFP (on my 2nd tag) my Online Pass still didn't work which made me (like a moron) re-use the second code that came with The Full Package, and also I couldn't access my Funtime! DLC. After doing this and re-installing the DLC disk, I STILL couldn't access co-op without it either crashing or an alert box letting me know I still need an Online Pass.

So after coming here and searching, all I did was follow the 3-4 steps in that link, and it worked first time.

There is definitely a distinct file size difference between the First of the Four DLC packs on the disk. So I am wondering if all the DLC codes that (might) exist on the first disk are causing these issues with separate versions of the same codes.

What has irritated me the most is having used up the second code THEN finding the solution.
#15z0mbin3_81Posted 11/29/2012 6:56:46 AM
the online pass isn't in my download history. Fourtunetly the code has worked twice so far.
---
"Quality games, like Call of Duty" -LTJpunk
#16DeftallicaPosted 11/29/2012 9:43:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17WarchildPosted 12/6/2012 8:07:59 AM
Never heard of a company screwing up a DLC package as much before. I was tempted to purchase the Full Package and return my son's base game to him, but think I'll just stick to borrowing it for now. They really should have thought this one through a little better. Too bad, too, as this is an awesome game.
---
I think God is really a 12 year old and we're just his science fair project.
#18LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 12/6/2012 9:42:13 AM
ShapedByFate posted...
@ z0mbin3: I am not sure about re-downloading Online Pass, but it shouldn't take long if you go to account>download history on the xbox 360, or from the Downloadable Content menu on the actual game. You could try just moving the file "Saints Row: The Third - The First..." to an USB stick or memory card, then run the DLC disk and let it install all 4(including the first) DLC packs. This is what I did and it worked (same for my friend).

You will have to keep your USB stick in while you play SRTT:TFP DLC. You can remove the USB once you come off the game, but you will then have to remember to insert it again every time you boot up the game.

@Lancet: I am not too certain the Gamertag idea would provide the same workaround. My current situation was that I recently started a brand new Gamertag. However all my original DLC from when SR:TT first ever released was still installed on my main account. That included both Online Pass + Funtime! Pack, which both came with the game brand new last Nov. Yet when I fired up SRTT:TFP (on my 2nd tag) my Online Pass still didn't work which made me (like a moron) re-use the second code that came with The Full Package, and also I couldn't access my Funtime! DLC. After doing this and re-installing the DLC disk, I STILL couldn't access co-op without it either crashing or an alert box letting me know I still need an Online Pass.

So after coming here and searching, all I did was follow the 3-4 steps in that link, and it worked first time.

There is definitely a distinct file size difference between the First of the Four DLC packs on the disk. So I am wondering if all the DLC codes that (might) exist on the first disk are causing these issues with separate versions of the same codes.

What has irritated me the most is having used up the second code THEN finding the solution.

Maybe it's because it was another "First" Pack file that had DLC from the disc on it, even if owned by a different gamertag. I'd be interested to try it with JUST the online pass from a different GT.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.