So are we all.

#1aDominationPosted 2/12/2013 4:04:54 PM
Just pretending that the storyline of this game didn't happen?
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#2aureliano17Posted 2/12/2013 8:57:08 PM
What story?
#3JiruruPosted 2/13/2013 10:14:22 AM
The writers are already pretending that.
(And by writers, I mean a lot of them, the game must have had like 30 writers who were each given one mission to write the story for after being told what the gameplay part of the mission was, and none of the 30 were allowed to talk to each other until they were done their part.)
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#4aDomination(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:10:32 PM
I really didn't understand the reason why they'd Kill Johnny off and I also can't see The Boss choosen Killbane over Shaundi at the end of the game
---
Achievement Unlocked
#5BetelJoosePosted 2/14/2013 6:58:30 AM
Choosing the Killbane route seemed like the better ending IMO.
#6MinunSSPosted 2/14/2013 4:26:42 PM
BetelJoose posted...
Choosing the Killbane route seemed like the better ending IMO.

Seriously, no one's gonna miss Shaundi. Viola on the other hand . . .
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek
#7RinglercorpPosted 2/16/2013 7:22:26 AM
Jiruru posted...
(And by writers, I mean a lot of them, the game must have had like 30 writers who were each given one mission to write the story for after being told what the gameplay part of the mission was, and none of the 30 were allowed to talk to each other until they were done their part.)

This.

By building a new game engine, the gameplay and the graphics took such a huge step forward.

But what were they doing with the story? It was literally all over the place.

I really hope they tighten up with Saints Row 4...
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#8aDomination(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:40:48 AM
Ringlercorp posted...
Jiruru posted...

This.

By building a new game engine, the gameplay and the graphics took such a huge step forward.

But what were they doing with the story? It was literally all over the place.

I really hope they tighten up with Saints Row 4...

If there even is a 4th game, Like I said I can't see The Boss ditching Shaundi after just losing Johnny, Killbane coulkd easily escape and be the main focus of a 4th game, it would also give the game developers a reason to go to another city.

And I'm pretty sure S.T.A.G took over Stilwater so theres a potental 5th game.
---
Achievement Unlocked
#9MinunSSPosted 2/16/2013 4:41:37 PM
They could really turn it on it's head and have us play as STAG.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek
#10BetelJoosePosted 2/18/2013 7:07:36 AM(edited)
My excitement for the story died when Phillipe Loren was taken out so comically, rather than meeting his end with my purple rubber bat of justice, then there is Carlos, granted he was basically shredded meat, I guess they wanted to keep their ongoing theme of a zombie follower by endgame (That is SR2, I know.)

Though I wish Loren looked and acted like his trailer depiction, I think my expectations were a little high for what I thought his character would be like.

IMO the story of the first was the best one, I understand those who want to steer clear of the "urban theme" because it kills their immersion, would like 2 or 3 a lot more, especially to those who started out with 3.