Tips on Demon Fusion and the like

#1dARK_demonwolfPosted 7/22/2009 6:12:49 PM
Hello. I am really enjoying Devil Survivor; however I feel that I am not optimizing the demon fusion to its full potential. What are your tips and words of advice for optimizing the demon fusion? Thanks in advance!
---
Currently Playing: TWEWY, KitN, SMT: DS, Dragon Quest V, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Phantasy Star Zero
#2HailToTheGunPosted 7/22/2009 6:16:47 PM
- Don't be afraid to spend your money on the demon auction. The more demons you have in your inventory, the more demons you can fuse - and the better.

- Passive Skills are important because you can't change them when you get a Magecite upgrade; so when fusing a demon, make sure you put only the BEST, most useful Passive skills on.

- Always keep your demons relevant. By that I mean, no demon should generally be lower than 10 levels of the character they're assigned to. If they're that low, time to fuse them into a better demon, if available.

---
Hideo Kojima: "It's just a game."
#3dARK_demonwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2009 6:21:55 PM
what about which demons to fuse into? What are some good combinations early on? I'm just unsure of what the most effective demons are
---
Currently Playing: TWEWY, KitN, SMT: DS, Dragon Quest V, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Phantasy Star Zero
#4HailToTheGunPosted 7/22/2009 6:25:10 PM
Just make sure the demons are respective of their party members.

Yuzu is a magic user, so don't give her physical demons. They won't compliment each other fairly well. And as for Atsuro, be careful with him. Late in the game enemies will tend to frequently null, drain, or reflect physical attacks, and he's a pure-physical character. So for his demons, give him some jack-of-all-trades. A demon that's physical and a demon that's magical; two demons that are decent at both, or some combination of that.

Specific early demons really aren't too noteworthy, since you'll just replace them soon thereafter; however, Thor and Black Frost - two unique demons - are pretty useful in the first couple of days.
---
#5dARK_demonwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2009 6:31:41 PM
atsuro is purely physical, yuzu purely magic, what about the main guy and keisuke? I've been mixing up demons with them, some physical with yuzu and magic with atsuro =P didn't know
---
#6HailToTheGunPosted 7/22/2009 6:34:44 PM
The MC you can make whatever you want, but you'll find a lot of people on these boards recommend you to stick to Magic (get STR to at least 8 so you can equip certain skills later on). The reason is, like I said, many late-game enemies have physical resistances, so it's always good to have at least two magic users, especially considering you can usually deal a lot more damage with magic than you can with physical.

Keisuke is, well, for lack of a better way to put it, do whatever you want with Keisuke. You'll get more party members as you progress throughout the game, and most of them are infinitely better than he is.
---
#7LightHawKnightPosted 7/22/2009 8:21:08 PM
well if your near the end of day 2, you can fuse the almighty king frost, which is really the only demon that will last for a really long time early on, from day 2 to day 5 or even 6, you just need to use tlaloc in the fusion so it has no weaknesses, and a few resistances, and it has tyranny, great for a magic nuke MC.
---
Wizard's Eighth Rule: Deserve victory. Be justified in your convictions. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire.