Which Route? Amane, Naoya, or Yuzu

#1mooogsPosted 10/15/2009 4:17:23 PM
It's my first time through and I was going for Gin's route but I didn't get it, I got these instead. Which is the most interesting/fun? Other reasons to pick one or another?
#2NamitekyoPosted 10/15/2009 4:37:03 PM
Ehh...

Yuzu's will probably be to your liking if you despise grinding. It's short and easy, but the ending isn't the most cheerful thing ever. Most people that want New Game+ as soon as possible will most likely take that route. It's also fun to breeze through on New Game+ (if you give MC an Avian like Garuda and a hard-hitter, you can take down the first battle in literally one turn.)

Imo, both Amane's and Naoya's are equal in difficulty. Some say that Naoya's is harder, but I thought it would be Amane's(if I didn't demolish everything in NG+). I personally didn't like Amane's ending. At least I got a nice cape in Naoya's.
---
"Conquer your demon. Break your barricade. Let's Survive." -SMT: Devil Survivor
#3Look over therePosted 10/15/2009 4:46:49 PM
Amane's route unlocks Metatron and Loki. And Remiel too? Not 100% sure about Remiel, as I unlocked Remiel through Yuzu's.
Yuzu's route unlocks Loki and Remiel. Yuzu's route is the only route that does NOT unlock the Devas.
#4Were TigerPosted 10/15/2009 5:53:47 PM
Remiel is not unlocked in Amane's route, only Yuzu and Naoya's.
---
"Est Sularus oth Mithas...'My honor is my life.' You are your father all over again."
-Tanis Half-elven, Dragons of Summer Flame
#5matshankPosted 10/16/2009 2:17:02 AM
I did Amane's route on my first play through. It's certainly not easy, but if you don't mind a challenge I would definitely recommend this route. Some people don't really like the ending you get with Amane, but you will get the most story here. There are quite a few plot points explained on her route that are only referenced or completely skipped over in the other routes.
---
Well kids you tired and your failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
#6Wandering__HeroPosted 10/16/2009 3:22:09 AM
If you don't pick Yuzu's route, you'll have to do lots of gridning. Hav efun with a lv70 final boss and lots minnions
---
This site gives 1.1 cups of food for each click a day. Please click it
http://www.thehungersite.com
#7DarkfyrPosted 10/16/2009 1:43:48 PM
Here's my experience. I've done both Amane's and Naoya's to find they are almost the same in terms of battles and difficulty. One of the FAQ's here will tell you that Naoya is super hard while Amane is moderate and Yuzu is easy, but this is very wrong IMO. I followed this advice and went with Amane's and had trouble, but not too much trouble that I quit.

So here's the deal. If you want it to be easier, pick Yuzu. If you don't mind a little difficulty, choose which character you'd like to explore a bit more.
---
Total Health: 700/1000 Current Status:Frog, Poison|Total times I have been healed/hurt: 22/56
#8ThaiUserPosted 10/16/2009 2:50:10 PM
If you are going to pick between Yuzu and Naoya, go Yuzu because you will get Loki & Remiel there. If you go Amane, you get Loki & Metatron but you can't fuse Metatron yet because you need Remiel... So if you want an easy play through to other routes, Yuzu would be your best bet.
#9Dancing_FlamesPosted 10/16/2009 4:20:17 PM
I recommend Yuzu.
---
~Hopes for Skies of Arcadia 2~
I can hope forever. :(
#10mooogs(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2009 5:59:06 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm going on Yuzu's to get my new game+ faster. I also just got wiped by Izuna because I couldn't keep my MP up....time for tyrant