English Release??

#1G1ingyPosted 4/26/2009 2:32:20 PM
Will there be one?
#2A7thStevePosted 4/26/2009 5:46:45 PM
$40 says no, and you can use that to buy the game if it comes out in english, hahaha. Seriously though, I'm not a huge visual novel fan (besides Phoenix Wright, but that was mostly because they were goofy and not just for girls), so I want to know why people are so interested in this one.

Best visual novel I ever played was Nana for PS2, you could actually get jobs, buy clothes and stuff for your apartment, etc. In this game all you can do is snipe things every once in a while, and I'm not too happy about the romance aspect of it. I thought this girl was supposed to be a cold blooded killer, but she's just a spongecake with good aim.
#3A7thStevePosted 4/26/2009 6:05:15 PM
Oh and I am by no means dissing anyone who likes visual novels, but I've read in a lot of places people are hyped about this game and want it to come to the US, and I haven't figured out why (unless they, too, were fooled into thinking she was a ruthless killer like when she's hanging from buildings all hardcore in the screenshots).
#4apollooooPosted 4/26/2009 9:30:24 PM
$40 says no, and you can use that to buy the game if it comes out in english, hahaha. Seriously though, I'm not a huge visual novel fan (besides Phoenix Wright, but that was mostly because they were goofy and not just for girls), so I want to know why people are so interested in this one.

I want this because we will shoot many people's head with that girl

---
currently playing: pokemon platinum, suikoden tierkris, last remnant
Waiting For :C.O.R.E, SGT devil summoner, gyakuten kenji
#5G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2009 10:50:20 PM
fate/stay night was a pretty good visual novel....
#6A7thStevePosted 4/27/2009 7:49:05 AM
No head shots, you are part of an organization that prides itself in not assassinating people, only disarming (and no that doesn't mean blowing their arms off).

Fate/Stay Night was aimed at guys, and I don't know a lot about it, but I'm guessing it was like an erotic novel. This one is more girl-oriented.
#7Devilman_AmonPosted 4/29/2009 12:04:38 AM
Good to Decent visual novels/adventure titles

Phoenix Wright series
Hotel Dusk
Time Hollow
Death Note Kira Game*
L: Prologue to Death Note*
Black Jack Hi No Tori Hen*
Trace Memory
Great Thief Rousseau*
Demon Detective Noguami Neuro*
Project Hacker: Kakusei*
Rosario to Vampire*
Jake Hunter Detective Chronicles
Lux:Pain
Theresia: Dear Emile
Vitamin Y*
Kabu Trader Shun*
Nanashi no game*
Shakugan no Shana*

*import
---
Castlevania Judgment FC: 5413-3426-2657
#8Sh4d0w_Z3r0Posted 4/29/2009 2:48:28 AM
well....you know....it has girls......with guns.......I think everybody likes girls with guns. At least I like 'em and would like for them to speak in a language that does not consist of random lines and curves.
#9A7thStevePosted 4/29/2009 7:51:57 AM
Yeah, I didn't know guys liked girls with guns, but in that case it makes sense.

Anyway I wouldn't group adventure games into the visual novel genre (except Phoenix Wright, because it's more VN than adventure), which goes for Death Note and Kabu Trader Shun (actually I didn't think stock trading was either genre). I'll take your word that some of the others are better than this, I'd take Vitamin Y over this any day.
#10Sh4d0w_Z3r0Posted 4/29/2009 9:28:03 PM
Well, even if they don't like them I'd still say it's a lot better to spend money localizing stuff like this than producing stuff like:

Drama Queens
Dreamer: Babysitter
Dreamer: Shop Owner
Crazy Chicken: Atlantis Quest
Crazy Chicken: Pharaoh's Treasure
Crazy Chicken: Star Karts

don't you think so?