How to increase NUMBER of soldiers???

#1necro_druidPosted 9/29/2009 9:30:34 PM

the max soldiers i get is liek the amount in my palace...how i get more?

i tried army base, but that didnt get me more soldiers

#2Database72Posted 9/29/2009 10:32:39 PM

great question i have no difinitive answer. What i do know is that an army base is basically soldier/general housing for them and thier families so it wont help you get soldiers, here is what i think is the only way for getting soldiers.
I got plenty more soldiers by providing jobs FOR soldiers, if you want teachers you got to build jobs for teachers, so using this logic you build those watch towers/outposts to get soldiers so get some highschool educated workers and build those outposts but each outpost requires a general so you have to build either an armory or army base first but the description for armory says it reduces the price of the outpost so build armory and only build the army base when soldiers complain about lousy housing conditions. The armory is also a major factor when tryying to get the militirist's factions respect the armybase on the other hand isnt.

so in short build armory pay generals about...40 since you wont ever need sooo many that way u are sure that the few college students you have will be generals. Then build outposts and pay them 35 to ensure you get more soldiers over anyone else. I dont know your playmode(stile is consored? playstile?)but mine is basically keep the army happy to control all of tropico! and be sure to keep tabs on those outposts, as soon as you see one is full (3 soldier cap) keep building more so you can have that powerful military, you wont need an armybase till they start complaining about housing remember this its important sort of XD and if they continue to complain about conditions remember the military modernization eddict

#3Talus057Posted 9/30/2009 2:11:07 AM

The armory and the Army HQ building all produce generals.

Your palace has 4 soldiers, 2 are there at the beginning.

There is an outpost type of building, I forget the exact name, but placing that gives you 4 more soldiers.

#4BN2LPosted 9/30/2009 6:16:29 AM
Forget about the army base for now, its a late game building, What you want is an armory, this armory will hold three generals. Each of these generals allows you to build one guard station so one full armory you will be able to build 3 guard stations each holding 3 soldiers.

Simply raising the pay of soldiers/generals 3 or 4 dollars(?) above your normal wage for high school/college workers is enough for them to be happy and not rise against you.

Note: Soldiers require high school education and generals require college education.
#5SketchyGalorePosted 10/5/2009 11:19:06 PM
I wouldn't say the army base is late game. It doesn't require power and it offers high-quality housing and moderate healthcare to soldiers as well as providing 3 extra generals. Militarist respect goes through the roof and, once you have this and the armory, rebels will usually be too scared to even try to attack.
But there are many ways to go about a game of Tropico. This one just works well if you're going for a miltary-based island and increase militarist supporters with military education.
---
Karma - BF2142
Sergeant Major Karma_Chameleon - BF2 - http://bf2s.com/player/44846121/
#6soulkeeperPosted 10/16/2009 2:41:27 AM
The downside is that generals need a college education so it will cost you allot of money to bring them in from other countries.
Or just build a college but it will take some time to educate people to apply for the general position.
#7Safer_777Posted 10/16/2009 3:43:03 AM
You can only hire one if you want.Or if you take a lot of imigrants some of them will have College Education.It has happened to me.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#8endocrinePosted 10/16/2009 2:02:16 PM

evanbgood51 posted...
I wouldn't say the army base is late game. It doesn't require power and it offers high-quality housing and moderate healthcare to soldiers as well as providing 3 extra generals. Militarist respect goes through the roof and, once you have this and the armory, rebels will usually be too scared to even try to attack.
But there are many ways to go about a game of Tropico. This one just works well if you're going for a miltary-based island and increase militarist supporters with military education.
---
Karma - BF2142
Sergeant Major Karma_Chameleon - BF2 -

First you need soldiers before your army base is effective. Unless you build outposts at the very beginning, an army base is going to be a mid to late game building.