Gravekeeper's Servant + Macro Cosmos = Lock?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Stardust Accelerator: World Championship 2009
  3. Gravekeeper's Servant + Macro Cosmos = Lock?

User Info: vanrey

vanrey
7 years ago#1
I am currently dueling the dark skinned and green haired man from the bar and I cannot attack. I have a full field and would have won the duel turns and turns ago if not for this inability to declare an attack.

The only thing I can attribute this to is the fact he had Gravekeeper's Servant and Macro Cosmos on the field at once. For some reason I think the game believes that since Macro Cosmos sends cards RFG instead of Graveyard and therefore cannot fulfil the exact card text obligation of Gravekeeper's Servant, I cannot attack.

So is this an issue with the game or are these the rulings regarding this situation?
I'm from Texas, this automatically means I live on a ranch, have a pet cow and enjoy Pantera.

User Info: megamaster125

megamaster125
7 years ago#2
since Macro Cosmos sends cards RFG instead of Graveyard and therefore cannot fulfil the exact card text obligation of Gravekeeper's Servant, I cannot attack.

This would be correct.
Number of times I've been sigged: 4 Number of internets won: 1
Number of times someone has LOL'd at me for having a sig like this: 2

User Info: XlastwillX

XlastwillX
7 years ago#3
Thats the ruling.
Because you cannot send a card to the graveyard because of MC, you cannot attack.
SSBB FC : 2922-0907-9742
YuGiOh World Champion 2009: Baryl Ng

User Info: Bladenyte

Bladenyte
7 years ago#4
those are correct. since gravekeeper's servant cannot send a card to the graveyard. you are unable to declare an attack. its caused people to make topics like this for a very long time =)
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
Rune Factory 2 : 1547-8732-3323

User Info: viledragoon2

viledragoon2
7 years ago#5
yes that is a real combo since you cannot send a card from your deck to the gy you cannot attack (i used this combo in 08)
(another sucessful post on dsi)
<insert sig here>

User Info: vanrey

vanrey
7 years ago#6
Well this is unpleasant, I suppose I shall have to bide my time and wait for spell/trap removal.

its caused people to make topics like this for a very long time =)

I'm sorry, a search for both "Gravekeeper" and "Attack" didn't give me much, though I am grateful for the fast responses.
I'm from Texas, this automatically means I live on a ranch, have a pet cow and enjoy Pantera.

User Info: bgambsky

bgambsky
7 years ago#7
it also works with dimensional fissure cause you can not pay the cost of a card if you don't know what the outcome will be even if you know the top card is a spell or trap
Certified Yu-Gi-Oh Judge

User Info: salty53

salty53
7 years ago#8
What's stupid is that Dimensional Fissure + Gravekeeper's Servant works even if Convulsion of Nature is in play. I can understand why there might be problems if you knew the top card due to A Feather of the Phoenix or something, but when it's sitting there face-up and permanently visible to both players...
Kings will be crowned, the word goes around
From father to son, to son...
  1. Boards
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Stardust Accelerator: World Championship 2009
  3. Gravekeeper's Servant + Macro Cosmos = Lock?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived