This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gravekeeper's Servant + Macro Cosmos = Lock?

#1vanreyPosted 4/20/2009 6:33:25 PM
I am currently dueling the dark skinned and green haired man from the bar and I cannot attack. I have a full field and would have won the duel turns and turns ago if not for this inability to declare an attack.

The only thing I can attribute this to is the fact he had Gravekeeper's Servant and Macro Cosmos on the field at once. For some reason I think the game believes that since Macro Cosmos sends cards RFG instead of Graveyard and therefore cannot fulfil the exact card text obligation of Gravekeeper's Servant, I cannot attack.

So is this an issue with the game or are these the rulings regarding this situation?
---
I'm from Texas, this automatically means I live on a ranch, have a pet cow and enjoy Pantera.
#2megamaster125Posted 4/20/2009 6:35:41 PM
since Macro Cosmos sends cards RFG instead of Graveyard and therefore cannot fulfil the exact card text obligation of Gravekeeper's Servant, I cannot attack.

This would be correct.
---
Number of times I've been sigged: 4 Number of internets won: 1
Number of times someone has LOL'd at me for having a sig like this: 2
#3XlastwillXPosted 4/20/2009 6:36:29 PM
Thats the ruling.
Because you cannot send a card to the graveyard because of MC, you cannot attack.
---
SSBB FC : 2922-0907-9742
YuGiOh World Champion 2009: Baryl Ng
#4BladenytePosted 4/20/2009 6:36:34 PM
those are correct. since gravekeeper's servant cannot send a card to the graveyard. you are unable to declare an attack. its caused people to make topics like this for a very long time =)
---
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
Rune Factory 2 : 1547-8732-3323
#5viledragoon2Posted 4/20/2009 6:40:11 PM
yes that is a real combo since you cannot send a card from your deck to the gy you cannot attack (i used this combo in 08)
(another sucessful post on dsi)
---
<insert sig here>
#6vanrey(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2009 6:40:38 PM
Well this is unpleasant, I suppose I shall have to bide my time and wait for spell/trap removal.

its caused people to make topics like this for a very long time =)

I'm sorry, a search for both "Gravekeeper" and "Attack" didn't give me much, though I am grateful for the fast responses.
---
I'm from Texas, this automatically means I live on a ranch, have a pet cow and enjoy Pantera.
#7bgambskyPosted 4/20/2009 8:40:38 PM
it also works with dimensional fissure cause you can not pay the cost of a card if you don't know what the outcome will be even if you know the top card is a spell or trap
---
Certified Yu-Gi-Oh Judge
#8salty53Posted 4/20/2009 9:24:12 PM
What's stupid is that Dimensional Fissure + Gravekeeper's Servant works even if Convulsion of Nature is in play. I can understand why there might be problems if you knew the top card due to A Feather of the Phoenix or something, but when it's sitting there face-up and permanently visible to both players...
---
Kings will be crowned, the word goes around
From father to son, to son...