This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Magic Cylinder -- limited?

#1Crimson_SpiderPosted 10/10/2009 11:43:00 PM
I hate this fad. Usually as soon as I join in, it becomes uncool and thus it ceases.

Now, unless I have missed my guess, the current metagame revolves around swarming the field, and not-so-much those super high attack monsters pwn your enemy. Back when the game was more focused around "I uber pwn you with high attack!", Magic Cylinder was a big threat.

Not so much anymore. Now it is about using monarchs and synchros with effects. Now we are also sitting on top of other various burn cards that can easily inflict the 2400 that magic cylinder would have done.

So... should Magic Cylinder be limited? I'm not sure. I think we can move magic cylinder to semi-limited.

---
Dying sucks, but almost dying is freaking awesome.
Hence, my dilemma.
#2MAtt5TERPosted 10/10/2009 11:46:23 PM
From: Crimson Spider | Posted: 10/10/2009 11:43:00 PM | #001
Now we are also sitting on top of other various burn cards that can easily inflict the 2400 that magic cylinder would have done.

Like what?
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#3Glazed_DonutPosted 10/11/2009 12:14:12 AM
Magic Cylinder can stop a OTK and turn it against your opponent. It needs to be semi. NOW!
---
I was a Plain Donut~Got eaten. I was a Chocolate covered Donut~Got eaten. I was a Jelly-filled Donut~Got eaten. Please Stop eating me please.
#4Crimson_Spider(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2009 1:13:55 AM
Secret Barrel, Dimensional Wall, and Des Koala are three cards that come to mind.

Anyway, Magic Cylinder can only reverse an OTK if your opponent is careless, and only specific OTKs. The only one I know that was played is Chimeratech Overdragon.

---
Dying sucks, but almost dying is freaking awesome.
Hence, my dilemma.
#5Reimu_HPosted 10/11/2009 3:22:28 AM
Cylinder should be semi. Not that it would see any play >_>
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3284110
Something related to Touhou is probably somewhere in this post.
#6yingjie83Posted 10/11/2009 6:17:03 AM
The idea of making it semi only serves to change the forb list a little bit. Where it'll get abused and cause the metagame to be played more cautiously - thus being limited in the next list

It's limited for a reason, so that cheap reversal is less consistent.
#7Youmu_KPosted 10/11/2009 7:05:08 AM
Where it'll get abused

Magic Cylinder

Abused

Mind = Blown
---
My slowest sword slashes have been calculated to move at speeds in excess of Mach 70. I'm just THAT awesome.
Yuyuko-Sama is awesome.
#8FredCat07Posted 10/11/2009 7:25:04 AM
So... should Magic Cylinder be limited? I'm not sure. I think we can move magic cylinder to semi-limited.

Magic Cylinder is in '1 per deck/sidedeck banlist' right now, and I don't think so. It's just little annoyance just see two attack backfire onto your opponent's face.
---
All Hail the FredCat!! ~Blam
Brawl Code: 1676-3646-9077
#9ZeekfoxPosted 10/11/2009 11:23:45 AM
Instead of taking it off the limited list, they just reprinted a more fair version of it. Dimension Wall is the same thing if you take a direct attack, but won't save your monster from being destroyed if you
have one.
---
What's the life of a soldier without a steady diet of war? Blood and pain are the foods of a true warrior! ~King Ashnard, FE9
*Zeek on MKWii, FC in profile*
#10MAtt5TERPosted 10/11/2009 11:37:27 AM
From: Crimson Spider | Posted: 10/11/2009 1:13:55 AM | #004
Secret Barrel, Dimensional Wall, and Des Koala are three cards that come to mind.

You need to wait for your opponent to control 12 cards in order for Secret Barrel to deal 2400. It takes about 12 turns for for opponent to control 12 cards, assuming you do not destroy anything. Dimensional Wall requires yourself not to control a monster in order to deal 2400. You need to wait for your opponent to hold 6 cards in order for Des Koala to deal 2400.

In each of these cases, there is a high or rare requirement before the cards can match Magic Cylinder's damage. These cards cannot "easily inflict the 2400 that magic cylinder would have done."
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.