I am deeply looking forward to this

#11Bobsicle3307Posted 9/15/2009 1:56:58 PM
I'm sorry. I am sure that is what he *must* be doing. Because that is how most people on the planet do it.

You have no idea how he is doing it. Don't TROLL topics until you KNOW what the hell you're talking about.

They buy a game and make an EBOOT of it. They crack their firmware - which is illegal -

Cracking your firmware is not illegal. There is no "PSP law." Try looking up some of the crap you tell people rather than making it up on the spot. Nobody likes liars. :)

make a backup copy of their game - which is illegal

Backing up your game is not illegal. It is protected by Fair Use. Same as backing up a CD so you can put it on your iPod.

- and then play it. Legally?

The whole process is legal. You just wouldn't know that since you spend your time trolling people rather than doing RESEARCH.

Why is it such a stretch to think that if someone broke the law twice for the purposes of playing games on their PSP that they'd be all moral and not break it again?

Your entire argument is based on facts that you MADE UP. Troll, I challenge you to provide me with a link to a governmental document that backs what you say as fact. Otherwise it is unsubstantiated garbage.
---
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned
[-iB]
#12donut bringerPosted 9/15/2009 11:41:08 PM
If you're just going to reject factual information for the sake of trying to also look all big and tough on the internet, then there is no point bothering to discuss EULA or other legal specifics which are clearly found with the PSP documentation itself. Hacking the firmware requires disassembly of code - which is reverse engineering - which is illegal due to the terms and conditions of using the PSP.

But you're probably right. This guy probably bought the game legally. And he probably.. Wait. He *must* have because you obviously know.
---
Question? Try http://www.google.com or http://en.wikipedia.org first.
Playing: some games
#13Bobsicle3307Posted 9/16/2009 3:10:59 PM
If you're just going to reject factual information for the sake of trying to also look all big and tough on the internet,

Don't base your "digs" off assumptions about me. This is the internet and you're just making it up as you go.

Informing you that you are distributing false information is all I'm doing.

then there is no point bothering to discuss EULA or other legal specifics which are clearly found with the PSP documentation itself.

Breaking the EULA and installing CFW does not break any federal law. It voids your warranty.

Hacking the firmware requires disassembly of code - which is reverse engineering - which is illegal due to the terms and conditions of using the PSP.

Your terminology is incorrect. It is not illegal.

Whether or not you agree with CFW isn't being discussed. Although your feelings toward it are abundantly evident through the ease in which you will lie about it.

---
[-iB]
#14donut bringerPosted 9/16/2009 8:52:46 PM
That shows how little you know about me.

And check it out, I can bold my text to make myself look important and authoritative, too!

And weird, I never realised that all laws had to be federal, or that they were all based off of what people do in the USA. I guess you showed me up, guy. Congrats. You totally "win" this meaningful discussion.
---
Question? Try http://www.google.com or http://en.wikipedia.org first.
Playing: some games
#15that_guy555Posted 9/17/2009 2:21:15 PM
Donut, you started this crapstorm with your original comment. Obviously you're just looking for attention, and Bob is just an instigator.

What do you get out of it if you "win" the argument anyway? Self esteem? Nobody cares what you think about piracy.
#16Bobsicle3307Posted 9/17/2009 2:27:42 PM
That shows how little you know about me.

Troll, stay on topic.

And check it out, I can bold my text to make myself look important and authoritative, too!

You can assign any meaning to my typing style that you want. It doesn't change the fact that you are 100% wrong and offtopic again.

And weird, I never realised that all laws had to be federal, or that they were all based off of what people do in the USA

Yes, that is correct Troll, Sony doesn't make laws. That's ignorant.

Does Sony have their own police force to make arrests? Has anyone been prosecuted for making or installing CFW?

Of course they haven't. The only people who have gotten into any trouble while CFW was present was due to software piracy and distribution of said software. Your CFW is illegal statement is bull****.

I guess you showed me up, guy. Congrats. You totally "win" this meaningful discussion.

Yep, I win. You can't even manage to stay on topic, much less make a valid rebuttal.
---
[-iB]